Solitary exercise during lockdown?

Cray

Honorary Master
Burpees are hectic cardio bra. Also mountain climbers etc. you can have an intense 15 minute routine inside that will wreck most gym goers.
Forgot about mountain climbers, those things are killer! :p

saor

Honorary Master
Lots of exercises you can do inside

Burpees
Lunges
Squats
Push Up
Sit-ups
Planking.

Not hectic cardio but still better than running the risk of arrest.
Add a skipping rope.

wizardofid

Executive Member
You guys really think the number of cops and the bunches of army deployed will be sufficient to monitor this?

You guys really think people are going to get arrested over this?

What country do you think we live in?

First few days, they are going to be out in full force, so that people get the message, Sure excise is good for a healthy life style, this just sounds like a lame excuse, to rebel against inconvenience then any thing else.People didn't listen when it could have made a difference and now you just have to face the fact, your freedom means nothing for the next 21 days. What it does prove is that people calling it insane, can't grasp the fact, we have an extremely vulnerable populous and could see a significantly higher death rate compared to other countries.

You really want to tell me people can't get a decent cardio workout at home, absolute nonsense

https://www.verywellfit.com/best-home-cardio-exercises-1231273

Now honestly if you need to excises, get on a bike and drive to the shops daily to get supplies, or run to the shops or power walk with a backpack.

However I suspect, criminal activity is going to shift to armed robbery, as streets are going to be mostly empty and people alone in streets are going to be easy targets. So while other countries do allow excise, you really have to consider safety of people alone on the streets of these countries are significantly safer then anybody here would be.
While not mentioned in the address, some government officials aren't entirely clueless, so safety of public most likely were in consideration in this regard.

Seriously it is 21 days of home cardio people need to stop moaning and work out a decent cardio workout for home and stick to it, there is literally millions of videos on youtube on home workouts that do exactly the same if you were out and about, instead of risking limb and life, to try and use the excuse of some semblance of normalcy.

I am well aware it can be quite depressing, in buildup cities, especially in complexes were you have zero view of any thing, but your neighbors walls.Some what understand why people are raiding liquor stores, but you only going to end up drunk and depressed.....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Lol. You have way too much faith in our useless police and army. I hope people do rebel against this patently ridiculous ban on doing exercise by yourself.

I will go for a jog myself on Saturday. 99.99% chance I won't be arrested.
Jogging is allowed as cops stated they can't catch those people.

93RB

As far as I can see there is no provision for leaving your house for exercise, the problem in our country is every two-bit thief could use that as an excuse as to why they are out and about looking for closed businesses to rob.
That's a very good point.

Mila

Honorary Master

We do not yet know if you will be allowed to exercise out of home, or walk your dog.
In some countries lockdowns specifically made provision for jogging close to home, or other forms of outdoor exercise done with care to avoid contact with other people. Some local governments even encouraged outdoor exercise, as a mental health measure.
It was not immediately clear if this would be the case in South Africa, with regulations not yet formalised.

wizardofid

Executive Member

We do not yet know if you will be allowed to exercise out of home, or walk your dog.
In some countries lockdowns specifically made provision for jogging close to home, or other forms of outdoor exercise done with care to avoid contact with other people. Some local governments even encouraged outdoor exercise, as a mental health measure.
It was not immediately clear if this would be the case in South Africa, with regulations not yet formalised.

Walking your dog, is different in USA for example. People living in apartment buildings with dogs, new york is extremely dog friendly allowing dogs on the subway and other transit systems, having dog parks ect.

In most large cities pets have extremely limited space unlike in South Africa where we have vastly different culture and property laws with regards to animals living in enclosed spaces like the apartments buildings like the USA, weather is also a lot different, especially concerning pets.

I also think people need to stop comparing lockdown rules are regulations of other countries, most countries with more relaxed rules and regulations during lockdown, have significantly less property space especially in densely populated areas. I don't think we should demand or compare same lockdown restrictions as other countries as each country have their own set of unique challenges and requirements, based on numerous things not necessarily applicable to us.

It may be the only walking the dog will be with a yoyo.I think if you stay in a complex, it is usually large enough to take the dog for a walk inside the confines of the complex with approval of the complex.

People living with in the confines of closed off suburbs should be fine for excise and dog walking, I would just clear with the community whatsapp and if the area contains more then one street, give people specific times to do their thing, so it isn't all at once free for all thing, maybe stay in the confines of your particular street

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Walking your dog, is different in USA for example. People living in apartment buildings with dogs, new york is extremely dog friendly allowing dogs on the subway and other transit systems, having dog parks ect.

In most large cities pets have extremely limited space unlike in South Africa where we have vastly different culture and property laws with regards to animals living in enclosed spaces like the apartments buildings like the USA, weather is also a lot different, especially concerning pets.

I also think people need to stop comparing lockdown rules are regulations of other countries, most countries with more relaxed rules and regulations during lockdown, have significantly less property space especially in densely populated areas. I don't think we should demand or compare same lockdown restrictions as other countries as each country have their own set of unique challenges and requirements, based on numerous things not necessarily applicable to us.

It may be the only walking the dog will be with a yoyo.I think if you stay in a complex, it is usually large enough to take the dog for a walk inside the confines of the complex with approval of the complex.

People living with in the confines of closed off suburbs should be fine for excise and dog walking, I would just clear with the community whatsapp and if the area contains more then one streets, give people specific times to do their thing, so it isn't all at once free for all thing, maybe stay in the confines of your particular street
Just asking, but English is not your first language, is it?

wizardofid

Executive Member
Just asking, but English is not your first language, is it?
You know what, it is about my 3rd........................................thing from the bottom of a list of thousand things I give a shyte about, closely followed by 100% grammatically correct sentence construction. Unfortunately for you giving a duck is closer to the top.If you wondering what is on the bottom of the list, it is ever changing, I think I can move a few things around and squeeze you into that spot.

wizardofid

Executive Member
You want to take maybe half a prozac next time.

The reason I asked is cause I'm trying to get something out of your post, but it's not easy to read, and I'm not sure of what you're saying. I'm not sure what is at the top or the bottom of your list, but I suggest you roll the entire thing up into a ball, shine it up real nice and stick it where the sun don't shine.
Extremely easy way to deal with this.......*clicks button* begone demon spawn.....