Solitary exercise during lockdown?

93RB

Thanks. So it looks like the security cluster briefing will be at 16:00 today.

We'll all experience our own personal hardships during the lockdown. For some it may be financial, for others social or psychological. Many will have real problems with real detriment to their well-being. I don't have a real problem, and I am very thankful for this. I understand fully how a person in a struggle for survival would be very annoyed at more privilaged people complaining about not being able to ride their bike or walk their dog. But I think it's in our nature to want more (and also to complain!) A home owner with a car and a kitchen full of food may be "struggling" to maintain their lifestyle. A family living in an informal settlement will be struggling much more. However, the existence of the informal settlement family does not magically make the home owner's struggle disappear. I'm kinda going off the subject here, but what I'm saying is that those of us who want to walk dogs, push prams or ride bikes realize that there are people with real hardship out there - and we feel for those people - but we still want to do our activities.

For myself, above all else, it is the break from cycling that I dread most. The last time I went for 3 weeks without cycling was 20 years ago. It has been one of my greatest pleasures in life and it has served as a powerful weapon against depression. Sure - I could manage. It's only 3 weeks. I could "man up" . As I said, this is not a real problem. But I started this thread because a disruption to my favourite exercise is at the top of my personal list of lockdown blues, so I'm looking for as much info as possible.

Thanks to everyone who has given valuable contributions to the topic

The_Hobbit

Honorary Master
It's not about the virus anymore. Its the 'shoot to kill' police minister Cele, using a crisis to run roughshod over hard-won constitutional rights.
Hopefully we recover.
That kind of power could get to his head quickly.

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Since we can't leave home, who wants to do the lock down challenge?

Something like

100 pushups
100 situps
100 squats

per day, scaled for you personal fitness level.

Personally, my knees are ****ed, so I can do 100 pushups, 100 situps, and something "else". :)

Gordon_R

Honorary Master

Something like

100 pushups
100 situps
100 squats

Personally, my knees are ****ed, so I can do 100 pushups, 100 situps, and something "else". :)

I managed to do 1.5 push-ups last month. Walking is a lot more suitable cardio-vascular form of exercise.

Waling the dog is also good for mental health, but that doesn't seem to count anymore...

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
I managed to do 1.5 push-ups last month. Walking is a lot more suitable cardio-vascular form of exercise.

Waling the dog is also good for mental health, but that doesn't seem to count anymore...

You could do modified pushups, say on your knees, or against a wall...

Steamy Tom

Executive Member

Something like

100 pushups
100 situps
100 squats

A program like that isn't that great for you, groups need a rest and your joints gonna get rekt