Some Huawei smartphone owners are seeing adverts on their lock screens

poffle

Executive Member
"It was never us, it must some rogue app" says Huawei. Yes sure, some rogue app just randomly loaded images into your magazine unlock on 1000's of users on the same day.

Sure China, we believe you.

rubber_otter

Expert Member
I got these adverts on my Mate 20 Pro yesterday. Screw this hippie ****! Adverts on my premium device, just so they can generate some revenue. Anyone want to trade me for a Samsung? **** I am furious.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Lock sreen? What's that? With the fast fingerprint unlock I never see mine anyway.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Lol!

America: Huawei is bad

Everybody: American Trump losers! Go Huawei! You're the best! We totally trust you!

...and then they act surprised when **** like this happens.

chefdude98

Expert Member
I understand Xiaomi doing this in India cos there devices are sometimes dirt cheap but Huawei doing this is inexcusable.

Huawei devices are as expensive as Samsung and sometimes Apple.

Their reputation should be the number 1 concern right now.

chefdude98

Expert Member
Lol!

America: Huawei is bad

Everybody: American Trump losers! Go Huawei! You're the best! We totally trust you!

...and then they act surprised when **** like this happens.
Trumps motives are very clear but Huawei has done more reputational damage by allowing this.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Trumps motives are very clear but Huawei has done more reputational damage by allowing this.

Regardless of Trump:

Chinese comms company and Chinese OS. You have to be crazy to trust it especially now.

gamer16

Honorary Master
Use a no root firewall for the time being and block all apps you don't want to have access to the internet.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Interesting - my magazine unlock image never changes from the selected wallpaper image I have, and I can't figure out how to re-enable it

RichardG

Honorary Master
I got these adverts on my Mate 20 Pro yesterday. Screw this hippie ****! Adverts on my premium device, just so they can generate some revenue. Anyone want to trade me for a Samsung? **** I am furious.
Noticed the same thing happening on Tuesday, once I updated the booking app

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I'm not surprised.

Is this only happening to people with booking.com app installed?

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
No such thing on my P9 Lite. But I dont have the booking.com app installed.