Some questions on Rain and stats...

Scorpion101

Thanks that helps a bit, What would be nice to do is to make note of the current Cell ID you are connecting to. This will create a base test result to establish the best results you are receiving on that particular tower. The next step would be to move the router around your home and establish if you are able to get a better signal and note the tower ID.There is a possibility your area might be covered by 2 or more towers if you are lucky. This is a method i used to set up my router and friends who are on 5G. I know it is a pain but well worth the exercise ... All the best

FrikkieSwag

Maybe best if you only have 1 tower

Saw someone complain on another post where his router would switch between the 2 towers and everytime it happened his connection dropped

Good luck getting 200Mbps maybe if you're lucky you'll get it :D

I used to get 500Mbps before the lockdown now I'm happy getting 130Mbps XD

adriaandj

If I had fibre in my area I would've dropped RAIN in an instant X_X
I dont have fibre in my area.The rain guynon here does not come back to me but i can see he was online. The tower in my area i have the id and know exactly where it is. Gonna try the line of sight tonight. Does trees affect signal or only concrete walls?

FrikkieSwag

I dont have fibre in my area.The rain guynon here does not come back to me but i can see he was online. The tower in my area i have the id and know exactly where it is. Gonna try the line of sight tonight. Does trees affect signal or only concrete walls?

Concrete definitely affects the signal especially with 5G being such a b**** when it comes to signal quality

Trees do affect the signal but not as much as buildings

Just be careful though since it's almost winter and trees are losing their leaves you might get better signal than in spring/summer where trees start to grow their leaves back

adriaandj

Concrete definitely affects the signal especially with 5G being such a b**** when it comes to signal quality

Trees do affect the signal but not as much as buildings

Just be careful though since it's almost winter and trees are losing their leaves you might get better signal than in spring/summer where trees start to grow their leaves back
Cool Thanks. WIll come back when i moved the router again.

adriaandj

Ok after playing around today I get wired speeds of over 200 mbps which I ordered and pay for so I am very happy. On wifi over my phone only 90mbps even standing under the antenna. At the moment im very happy and cant complain. I'll check how many times it drops as i see a lot of people complain about the drops. Will give feedback.

Attachments

powermzii

Expert Member
Ok after playing around today I get wired speeds of over 200 mbps which I ordered and pay for so I am very happy. On wifi over my phone only 90mbps even standing under the antenna. At the moment im very happy and cant complain. I'll check how many times it drops as i see a lot of people complain about the drops. Will give feedback.
That's awesome, congrats with the 200.

Yeah WiFi is temperamental and has even more variables than wired so that 90 could turn to 120 could turn to 60 depending on interference, signal strength etc....

FrikkieSwag

That is great speed even your ping is amazing

Don't do anything to mess it up XD

Like powermzii said WiFi isn't as reliable as wired. You will always get better results over a wired connection

Are you using 5G or 2.4G for your WiFi?

adriaandj

That is great speed even your ping is amazing

Don't do anything to mess it up XD

Like powermzii said WiFi isn't as reliable as wired. You will always get better results over a wired connection

Are you using 5G or 2.4G for your WiFi?
I'll check tonight and let you know.

Another strange thing I've noticed is sometimes I run a speedtest and get 30mbps DL and then the next one is over 200 mbps. Just a bit strange... The 5-10 tests afterwards is fine and then an hour later doing a test the first one is 30mbps again and the rest to follow over 200mbps.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
I have to keep moving my router throughout the day to ensure I get usable, sometimes just moving the router a couple cm results in drastic speed increases