something to note on 'debunking' a religion

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Electrra : Just give up...

Its a deceitful philosophy to read, so to learn about it you must read more....

thats the type of logic we deal with.

qewrty

The point about debunking the Bible is that if it were made up of
The problem with non-religious people is that they don't realise that
people choose to believe in God of their own free will.
We choose to believe but most of us don't dwell on the idea
of a God, we don't try to find evidence for God in
ancient writings, astrophysics research or DNA.
Yes, just believing without any information confirming or substantiating the claims sounds like a good idea. What you don't realise is that there's no point in believing something if it isn't true. It is also pointless trying to defend irrationality in the same sense as if it is just another choice like your favorite sports team.

qewrty

The right to arrogance..

:D :confused: No scientists should appreciate god's work, its the arrogance...

READ JOB 38, 39, 40 AND 41..., be humble sir not so arrogant...
The arrogance comes from you who ignores science and history and you wonder why we are all looking at your strangely for believing the supernatural?

Religion had its chance and like all other bad ideas like communism is dying a slow death much to the determent of those involved.

"Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm Right, and I will be proved right" - John Lennon

Mr TB

Banned
"Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm Right, and I will be proved right" - John Lennon
JOHN LENNON- the druggie should have taken a lesson from Voltaire in stead of snorting...

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Oh, John Lennon is now associated with Satan.... thats a very huge leap...

Intriguing.....

Now I shall stroll off peeing myself laughing...

Mr TB

Banned
Oh, John Lennon is now associated with Satan.... thats a very huge leap...

Intriguing.....

Now I shall stroll off peeing myself laughing...
Before you drown, with who do you connect this kind of arrogance?

I connect it with satanism and you?- so should the music then also be...

F

Fudzy

Yes, when you play "All you need is love" backwards it will say "I will eat your soul" :D

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I connect it with someone who is voicing his opinion, which is shared by more than just a few people on this planet, nothing more nothing less....

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Fudzy : please, don't muddy this "debate" with trivial facts like that :D....

/me goes off to play Amazing Grace backwards and see what i can hear/make up

Mr TB

Banned
Fudzy : please, don't muddy this "debate" with trivial facts like that :D....

/me goes off to play Amazing Grace backwards and see what i can hear/make up
When i listen music i am protected by the Blood of Christ. Music is a no go area for satan. If i however know there is satanic influence in music and i listen it for pure enjoyment i open myself to sin. I like music but let god lead the way...

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Well all I can say is if you can't appreciate good music for what it is, without having to pass it past your "god" i do pity you. Music is one of the very few simple pleasures left on this planet.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
dotVIBE : as i said.. i walked away from my pc peeing myself laugh at douwdouw statement... it was the best thing i'd read all day.

Necuno

Court Jester
thanx for showing me you immaturity levels in theses posts...

you people really need to stop being a fighting dog and learn not to
snap you jaws at everything and everyone.

sometimes one must step away out of this type of bickering and learn
to see the bigger picture.

the post IS about learning not to go and rape anyone over his believes
that they didn't asked for it nor did they do any harm to you - so why in the hell do you want to go and put them over the coals for something that YOU believe is the truth and they are idiots for their believes.

if they wanted to know they would have asked. I left christianity - they fondly taught that they are correct and all are wrong. then i tried to convince them that they are all wrong and i am all correct -> DID something change in that picture NO. whether i was i christian pushing my believes on the 'non believer's and being a 'non believer' pushing my believes on the christians was all the same wrong being done over and over again.

your truth as musterseed put is and he is very correct in that is an intepretation of something together with experiances and thats it just a belief in something or someone end of story - you have no right to rape, beat, scold and condem my into and with you believes, they are mostly based on someones view, opinion and reasearches.

nothing is gained by this endless WTF my god rocks your god. and WTF this verse is corrected and YOU are wrong, read this many verses in this book and you will know what is the real deal.

time to reread what is really being said in my original post and then use you brain, step out of you pathetic figthing dog attitudes and try to comprehend with your own self and not quickly bash out at this, that or someone.

it doesn't matter in who or what you believe - if you can't step outside of being a figthing dog, then you are missing the whole point of everything.

we don't need mud fights, we need to learn to start putting ourselfs aside and work together for a change.

im not going to take part in any type if this senseless mudfights - if you don't have something of real value to add then don't post.
you will not recieve a reply from me.

Last edited:

JohnDeere

From my old blog...

Jesus Saves!

But Allan Grey invests…

Every now and then when I feel the need for a little controversy and puerile wit, all I have to do is read whatever contentious issue Secret has raised and compare the comments.

A little while ago she left a post concerning the Da Vinci code, and whether there is any basis for belief in what Dan Brown had to say in his book. Next thing you know, everyone is up in arms about “respect for people’s beliefs” versus what is basically the right to freedom of speech.

I don’t like getting into heavy religious discussions, because I find that most people who subscribe blindly to faiths without question are usually the first ones to cause hurt and suffering among others. And I mean ALL faiths.

We (i.e. the human collective), run around in circles viciously arguing points of faith that are so far detached from the actual message of those faiths, that we tarnish our own souls by the words we say and the actions we take in defence of those faiths.

And why should we not question our faiths? (Someone is going to call me the AntiChrist for saying that, aren’t they?)

But when I say question, I don’t mean pull-apart. I mean investigating why we believe in what we believe, and therein renew our faith with the knowledge that is given to us. For example: Secret’s blog threw out an interesting question: If Jesus was married and had kids, what would you think?

Perhaps that’s badly phrased and should have read: If Jesus was married and had kids, how would that affect the way you view your faith?

Does it really make a difference to you?
What is more important to you – the Message, or the Messengers love-life?
What should you be focused on - how HE lived, or how YOU live?

It’s the same for the rift between Creationism and Evolution/Big Bang Theory.

Statistically speaking, the probability of life on this planet evolving from almost nothing is so incredibly small, that it damn well needed an “act of God” to kick-start this entertaining existence! But as for being made from mud… I’m sorry, I’d rather have monkeys as ancestors than a pile of brown goosh filled with earthworms.

And when Abraham et al who wrote the Old Testament received the info from God, they were hardly anything better than a bunch of dirty camel-jockeys with half the known world out to kick their asses. Somehow I just can’t picture the Almighty addressing a filthy tribesman and explaining to him about evolution, symbiosis, mutation etc.

If you’re living a few thousand years ago BC, what is the chance you’d understand, and therefore BELIEVE in any of the science behind creation? You wouldn’t! You’d laugh off the whole thing as a joke and go back to worshipping Baal, who didn’t really give two ****s about how the world started, as long as you were being as nasty as possible with how the world is going NOW.

What’s a primitive tribesman more likely going to understand and more importantly believe? For example:

“And then I said: ‘Let there be light! And make it out of a spectrum of seven colours ranging from infra-red to ultra-violet, and also chuck in some non-visible bits like x-rays and gamma-rays… with radiation. Definitely with radiation, because it looks like some of these parts are still only half-baked…’”

-or-

“And then I said ‘Let There be Light’ and there was light.”

See what I mean about questioning your faith? Doesn’t the science of it all just make it more amazing, now that we have the ability to understand it?

What if Jesus was married? He was born as a man, to live as a man and to die as a man. Even if He did get married, I don’t see what difference to makes to who He was and what He had to say. And if He has a bloodline? Good! This world could use a little of the divine in its people!

So before you get all upset, and feel like I’ve been slinging mud at your beliefs, please understand that I have the utmost respect for ALL faiths. Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Shintoism, Hindusim, Judaism, ancestor-worship… whatever! If the core message in the faith is to lead a good life, and to help others lead a good life, I will respect that faith.

It’s PEOPLE I don’t believe in. People with their stupid dogma, and their stupid petty differences, and their stupid narrow-minded view on the world.

So next time you feel that righteous rage building up inside you in defence of your faith, take off your blinkers, consider what the important things are in life, and DISCUSS your faith like an intelligent earthling.

Instead of getting defensive, get involved. Talk about it. Give an opinion. Debate. But for God’s sake, if you’re going to turn into a righteous hypocritical prat everytime someone wants to explore either their, or another’s beliefs, then sit back down and shut the **** up.

Til next time…

…keep the faith.