something to note on 'debunking' a religion

Mr TB

Banned
I guess Paul didn't like being called a righteous hypocritical pratt either...
Do you think PAUL mind be called that? I don't think so he rebuked you whether brother or heathen if you were misleading the children of god.

He didn't mind breaking up with Silas and Barnabas, neither did he refuse to rebuke Peter, also did honour the goverments placed there by god...

PAUL was straightforward, he would have be everyone's enemy today too, even some of the churches...

Mr TB

Banned
Paul was anything but 'straight'....:rolleyes:
Was he like you then?, did you meet him....please tell me, it seems like all the atheists have met the characters in the bible and know them personally...

Neo

Expert Member
Was he like you then?, did you meet him....please tell me, it seems like all the atheists have met the characters in the bible and know them personally...
Just following your example of making up stuff (tent-pens, Adam / Noah conversations), mis-quoting (Paul, Gal) and twisting the bible without any proof.

So I've decided Paul was gay, based on a few statements he made ("don't marry", "be like me", i.e. without a wife, etc.)

He was obviously gay. As a matter of fact he told Peter this, sitting on the steps of the ruins of the old temple. That's why he had to take a Jew with. Peter was a bit nervous Paul was going to jump him.

The Cosmos

Executive Member
now i am not a christian but here is an interesting thing to note when
you start researching a religion and want to 'debunk' it.

read through it, it actually made me think on the few times i forcefully went
on debunking and preaching my 'truth'.

taken from
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_world_religions/jesus_and_christianity_revealed_as_myth-t25380.0.html

OutofBodyDude:

and then the obvious bible-is-not-true examples.

and now the first reply from Mustardseed
Typical atheistic mumbo jumbo :rolleyes:

The Cosmos

Executive Member
Just following your example of making up stuff (tent-pens, Adam / Noah conversations), mis-quoting (Paul, Gal) and twisting the bible without any proof.

So I've decided Paul was gay, based on a few statements he made ("don't marry", "be like me", i.e. without a wife, etc.)

He was obviously gay. As a matter of fact he told Peter this, sitting on the steps of the ruins of the old temple. That's why he had to take a Jew with. Peter was a bit nervous Paul was going to jump him.
This is laughable. You are stereotyping. In Romans 9 Paul writes against homosexuality. How on earth could he contradict himself then ?

Mr TB

Banned
He was having problems with cognitive dissonance. Pastor Haggard, anyone?
That's how it is with this guys pushing evolution... pastors mess up they push it down your throat... but the doings of non-christians is just fine...

Maybe we should start find the real names... under those not supporting christianity... and push them down their throats...Mugabe, Amin, Hoessein, this guy in Afghanistan, the list of names given by someone... mao..hitler..boneparte..

Yes maybe we should do that i am really tired of this...

Last edited:

Xarog

Honorary Master
You miss the point. No one is saying homosexuality is a bad thing, they're calling Paul a hypocrite. You recognise the difference, yes?

The Cosmos

Executive Member
Well, Paul's not. The bible might seem contradictory on the surface, however everything fits in perfectly, and in perfect harmony. There's even people that reject paul for his supposed "inaccuracies and hipocracy", but they just don't understand what he is saying.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Xarog : douwdouw never misses the point, it just chooses to ignore it when challenged on anything.

Xarog

Honorary Master
Well, Paul's not. The bible might seem contradictory on the surface, however everything fits in perfectly, and in perfect harmony. There's even people that reject paul for his supposed "inaccuracies and hipocracy", but they just don't understand what he is saying.
I might seem contradictory on the surface, however everytihng fits in perfectly, and in perfect harmony. There's even people that reject what I say for its supposed "inaccuracies and hypocrisy" but they just don't understand what I am saying. ;)

Mr TB

Banned
I might seem contradictory on the surface, however everytihng fits in perfectly, and in perfect harmony. There's even people that reject what I say for its supposed "inaccuracies and hypocrisy" but they just don't understand what I am saying. ;)
It seems like he is the most qualified of everyone on the forum, everyone bow the knee to his expert opinion...

Claymore

Executive Member
That's how it is with this guys pushing evolution... pastors mess up they push it down your throat... but the doings of non-christians is just fine...
Since when?

Maybe we should start find the real names... under those not supporting christianity... and push them down their throats...Mugabe, Amin, Hoessein, this guy in Afghanistan, the list of names given by someone... mao..hitler..boneparte..
Mugabe is Christian, as were Napoleon and Hitler. Most of the rest you mention were Muslim. Perhaps you should work on getting your facts rights.