Sonic Telecom 20/5 (Down&Up) International speed..

tonyhs90

I just signed up for a Sonic Telecom Fusion Fiber. After they installed the dish and router

I ran speed test then got these results on Local and International.

As you can see local stuff like youtube i can stream 4K with no buffer but other things like Twitch and streaming movies online i get buffer on even 480p ... So i left the ticket and I got this reply
" View attachment 551835

I was told this package that im paying is unshaped??

And then after
View attachment 551845

Is it possible to cancel the contract ? since it only starts on the 1st of Sept

PS ) They kept on telling me do speed test on mybroadband but i am 100% they slow down me on international bandwidth

Attachments

• test results.png
    test results.png
    179.9 KB · Views: 36
  • unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 35
  • unnamed1.png
    unnamed1.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 31

access

Honorary Master
duplicate thread, what do they say about your screenshots?

svensard

I just signed up for a Sonic Telecom Fusion Fiber. After they installed the dish and router

I ran speed test then got these results on Local and International.

As you can see local stuff like youtube i can stream 4K with no buffer but other things like Twitch and streaming movies online i get buffer on even 480p ... So i left the ticket and I got this reply
" View attachment 551835

I was told this package that im paying is unshaped??

And then after
View attachment 551845

Is it possible to cancel the contract ? since it only starts on the 1st of Sept

PS ) They kept on telling me do speed test on mybroadband but i am 100% they slow down me on international bandwidth

Hi Tony,

Based on the screenshots attached you are comparing a national test to an international test, there are many factors to take into consideration.

International servers are also limited by the amount of bandwidth they are able to receive and send. It is therefore unlikely that you will achieve the same results on an International speed test as you would from local servers as per the below article.

http://dtsanz.com/blog/why-are-your-international-speeds-slower-than-national/

"A 100Mbps CityLink circuit will provide a guaranteed speed back to DTS and the Wellington Internet Exchange. From there, DTS will route your traffic either across our international or national gateways or ‘On Net’ to another DTS or WIX/APE peered address.
There are a number of factors that can affect international speeds, all of which are unfortunately not under the control of the ISP, no matter who your ISP may be. Your router, your firewall, your FTP server, the configuration of any VLAN/FTP/IP Sec tunnels, the receiving/sending connection speed, it’s available capacity at any given moment, the limits it may apply on individual sessions, the distance and latency to get to/from that location. Even just the ability to speed test on higher speed connections is generally limited by the capabilities of the speed test server itself."

sergie

Just cancel while you still can, they're not worth the headache.