Sony is back with big discounts on its new TVs

RandomGeek

Expert Member
For how long will they stay before they duck again...i.e. will they stay beyond the Christmas buying season?

Digilus

"South Africa is an extremely important market to them"

Cough splutter. Sony has played the hokey-pokey game so many times with South Africa. They are in , they are out .. they are in .. and then shake stuff all about etc.

As much as I am a huge Sony fan, I've pretty much given up on them. They are all over ZA with their digital cameras, then disappear for years. You need to take your camera to some slightly dodge "center" for servicing - and even then they can't handle some of the DSLR's. Now they are back - but no real support for servicing and accessories .. well best just buy them from the US.

The TV's are similar .. they've been here .. hyped up things like their old Bravia ranges, then they vanish within a year or two .. shrug - then re-appear for a while.. Lets see how long this lasts this time.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
The pricing isn't bad at all tbh, but yeah the on again off again relationship Sony has with this country is a bit problematic for me in terms of spending that kind of money on a product from them.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Sony is to electronics like Ford is to cars in this country.

Milano

Honorary Master
"South Africa is an extremely important market to them"

Cough splutter. Sony has played the hokey-pokey game so many times with South Africa. They are in , they are out .. they are in .. and then shake stuff all about etc.

As much as I am a huge Sony fan, I've pretty much given up on them. They are all over ZA with their digital cameras, then disappear for years. You need to take your camera to some slightly dodge "center" for servicing - and even then they can't handle some of the DSLR's. Now they are back - but no real support for servicing and accessories .. well best just buy them from the US.

The TV's are similar .. they've been here .. hyped up things like their old Bravia ranges, then they vanish within a year or two .. shrug - then re-appear for a while.. Lets see how long this lasts this time.
Completely true. Their products are fantastic but SA is definitely not important to them. Very poor support in ZA. Poor range across models, even worse accessory range in ZA. And yup then they will just completely withdraw from a local product sector when the mood suits them. Would definitely only buy Sony at every opportunity provided I am outside SA in one of their primary markets.

Thor

Honorary Master
Rather get the Samsung.

We went to Demo these TV and its pure k@k, massive frame bezel one and two slow as hell. That TV lagged more than my Vodacom Tablet from 2012.

Also, horrible quality when using the OS, it's like a low-resolution tablet.

Just really not a good TV other than on paper.