Sony share price plummets due to weak PlayStation 4 demand

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Sony share price plummets due to weak PlayStation 4 demand

Sony Corp. reported weaker profits in the PlayStation business and cut its revenue forecast for the year, triggering the steepest share decline in two and a half years.

The stock slumped 8.2 percent by midday in Tokyo on Monday, the most since June 2016 on an intraday basis, after operating income in games fell 14 percent to 73 billion yen ($666 million) for the holiday quarter.

[Bloomberg]

Dolby

Honorary Master
They need to drop the price of the PS Store. Last night I wanted to buy a game impulsively and checked Spiderman - R1, 069

The physical media at Takealot is R899.00.

I didn't get anything as I wanted it that night and wasn't going to pay R1, 000+

kianm

Honorary Master
They need to drop the price of the PS Store. Last night I wanted to buy a game impulsively and checked Spiderman - R1, 069

I didn't get anything as I wanted it that night and wasn't going to pay R1, 000+
Try converting to the US Store, games tend to be cheaper there than the ZAR store even after conversion and stuff.

themba990

Expert Member
Try converting to the US Store, games tend to be cheaper there than the ZAR store even after conversion and stuff.
Yup, I'm on the UK store and only buy physical if I know I'm going to sell the game at some point.

Pitbull

Verboten

THIS ^^

RDR2 on PS store is R 999.00. I can get in an in-store shop for cheaper... Make no sense...

neoassasin

THIS ^^

RDR2 on PS store is R 999.00. I can get in an in-store shop for cheaper... Make no sense...
Not trying to be an a hole but RDR2 is currently R779 on the PSN Store. I get your point but for older games they are usually cheaper since they always are on sale. New games not so much but at least you save on the 90 minute install time.

Pitbull

Verboten
Not trying to be an a hole but RDR2 is currently R779 on the PSN Store. I get your point but for older games they are usually cheaper since they always are on sale. New games not so much but at least you save on the 90 minute install time.

I checked it over the weekend. Laaitie was looking for games and I figured he'll like it. Was R 999.00. Given, no idea what edition or what it was. I might have not read it completely. I'll concede to that. But 100% certain it was R 999.

So just figured, fark no. He can wait a bit more :D