Sony Xperia Z2 prices in SA

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Contract price is around the expected. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too little data though for that device.

That 1GB should be for the 24months.

Debeer165

Expert Member
Contract price is around the expected. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too little data though for that device.

That 1GB should be for the 24months.
It is Vodascum and MTN we are talking about after all. Would be great if Telkom could get it with the 2G contract like they do the S5

BBSA

Honorary Master
Why is MTN package called "MyChoice", if it was my choice I would have chosen only data and no SMS and calls?

Brawler

Executive Member
The only way you can maybe live with 100MB is if you have WiFi at home and work AND don't use for phone Facebook when you are on mobile data.

I live by the above and sometimes run out...

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
The only way you can maybe live with 100MB is if you have WiFi at home and work AND don't use for phone Facebook when you are on mobile data.

I live by the above and sometimes run out...
And NEVER use maps :)

mk1

Expert Member
Vodacom said that the Xperia Z2 is available on its Smart S contract for R499 per month, which includes 1GB free data for the first 3 months.

I do not find it anywhere on their website and their call center is useless.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Vodacom said that the Xperia Z2 is available on its Smart S contract for R499 per month, which includes 1GB free data for the first 3 months.

This.

"Errrrrrrr, it's not on our latest dealsheet sir but I can offer you a Z1" - pfft

Jan

Drifting in the black

This.

"Errrrrrrr, it's not on our latest dealsheet sir but I can offer you a Z1" - pfft
Very strange. Link to Vodacom's tweet announcing they launched it on 8 May: https://twitter.com/Vodacom/status/463306060573708288

Dolby

Honorary Master
What does the standard Smart S come with data wise for R499.00?

Forgetting the first 3 months, adding 1GB will probably be R99.00 extra (don't know the exact price) onto this will probably cost me less than when I got my Samsung S3 when it came out.

Was expecting worse

Debeer165

Expert Member
Smart S is 200 meg a month if I'm not mistaken, with 1 gig extra for the first 3

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
What does the standard Smart S come with data wise for R499.00?

Forgetting the first 3 months, adding 1GB will probably be R99.00 extra (don't know the exact price) onto this will probably cost me less than when I got my Samsung S3 when it came out.

Was expecting worse
Till last week I could buy 1GB bundles from Vodacom for R79 but they seem to have removed the option :(
R149 now.

Skerminkel

Expert Member
The only way you can maybe live with 100MB is if you have WiFi at home and work AND don't use for phone Facebook when you are on mobile data...
And NEVER use maps :)
What's the use of having the phone then? If you can only use it at home, you might as well get a cheap phone and keep a 7" tablet at home?

Very strange. Link to Vodacom's tweet announcing they launched it on 8 May
8 May is a dodgy date. Don't believe news on that day, skatties.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
What's the use of having the phone then? If you can only use it at home, you might as well get a cheap phone and keep a 7" tablet at home?

8 May is a dodgy date. Don't believe news on that day, skatties.
what? why? :wtf:

/checks to see if they moved April Fool to 8 May/

:wtf: :wtf:

Ryansr

Expert Member
It's weird how these "top of the range" smartphones costs almost as much as my ASUS gaming laptop. :p

I will only buy a smartphone for up to R8K and then it should really be ticking all of the check boxes on all of my expectations. :twisted:

Raphael123

Expert Member
Incredible want factor for one of the best droids on the market. The fact that it is from Vodascum puts a bad taste in my mouth.