South Africa’s army is running out of money – crippling its ability to secure the country

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
Protect us from whom exactly? Borders = zero. Enemies = ? (zero?) The only place we really need effective guarding is in the ocean and we have never had a properly defended coastline.

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
Well we paid for Fhree Submarines some years ago, I hope you don't need more.
and what do those accomplish? What we have needed for a very long time is a proper coastguard type set up with visible policing of our fishing.

Sl8er

Executive Member
Parliament is concerned about the reduced budget of the South African National Defence Force (SANDF), which is impacting its constitutional mandate to protect the country.
Yeah bro, that's what happens when you (allow to) steal all the money meant for other stuff...like the SANDF :ROFL: :thumbsup:

Jopie Fourie

It seems government is starting to feel the pain with tax payers leaving the country and tax revenue declining like a tank falling off a cliff. Wait... this is only the start. Wait until there is no longer sufficient tax revenue to pay grants....

newby_investor

Expert Member
and what do those accomplish? What we have needed for a very long time is a proper coastguard type set up with visible policing of our fishing.
I don't often agree with @Zoomzoom but she's right here. I'm not really sure that we need a defence force. Certainly not a very large one.

Stokstert

Executive Member
It seems government is starting to feel the pain with tax payers leaving the country and tax revenue declining like a tank falling off a cliff. Wait... this is only the start. Wait until there is no longer sufficient tax revenue to pay grants....
Like this?

65T Olifant Tank overturns on Van Reenen’s Pass
thecasualobserver.co.za

713683 713685

or this

SANDF tank rolls on Oliviershoek Pass
Ladysmith Gazette