2. Telkom – 19%

A nation of fools.

VioAdmin

Expert Member
Broadband provider doing the most:
2. Telkom – 19%

A nation of fools.

lol!

The Government is turning 'them' into fools because they don't even have anything technological on TV or even the Radio! Telkom just sends out a few flyers here and there and that's all a user is going to know. Mweb and the rest need to help by passing out flyers in the rural areas to at least tell the people what Telkom is doing to hold them back.

* Free The TV(including DsTV) and let users about Technology advancements in SA and General Africa. Please.

Milano

Honorary Master
broadband providers which "did the most to improve broadband in SA" as follows:

Cell C – 48%
Telkom – 19%
Vodacom – 14%
Neotel – 10%
MTN – 8%
iBurst – 2%

19% of respondents misunderstood the question? Are Telkom employees?

Overall maverick winner

MWEB - 751
Cell C - 146
Afrihost - 144
Telkom - 81
Vodacom - 68
SEACOM - 62
Neotel - 60
Axxess - 39
MTN - 36
Web Africa – 30

Only one winner, Rudi Jansen / MWeb ^5

Nickste

Expert Member
2. Telkom – 19%

A nation of fools.

I'm sitting on a 10Mbps ADSL line... More than twice the speed I had a couple of months ago (which was not too shabby either). I think Telkom deserve credit where it's due.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
I'm sitting on a 10Mbps ADSL line... More than twice the speed I had a couple of months ago (which was not too shabby either). I think Telkom deserve credit where it's due.

So what's the next highest speed package from them for the people that can't afford the top package? :rolleyes:

Saajid

Expert Member
I'm still stuck on 512k. Hellkom isn't doing anything for us low-end users, who are forced to be so. 512k and 384k users make up the majority of ADSL users go the country. Telkom have done nothing for us, and don't deserve to be credited for the few thousand 10meg lines they've upgraded.. there are still hundreds of thousands who can't get upgraded, and probably never Will. Telkom is dying a slow painful death.

ike

2. Telkom – 19%

A nation of fools.

+1. telkom is the company responsible for the broadband shambles in the first place. there is nothing that was stopping them from effecting this speed upgrade ages ago, and i certainly wont applaud when they eventually decide to upgrade the rest of us on 386k and 512k.

Bosvark@

Expert Member
LOL at Telkom.
Webafrica a little low considering their Titan packages. They didnt follow everyone into the uncapped firey furnace... LOL
well done to CellC and Afrihost!

ike

thinking about it, its not that telkom was 2nd best, just that others were worse and mybb wanted some sort of ranking. only cellc should be on that list. i mean, vc were 3rd! what did they do?

MickeyD

RIP
Soooooo, of the 48% who voted for CellC - how many actually use them?

Odracir

Expert Member
:wtf: is Neotel doing on the list :sick: nevermind Telkom (at least they did do something albeit a free upgrade in speed)

eltherza

Expert Member
Soooooo, of the 48% who voted for CellC - how many actually use them?

Does it matter? You can't deny they have made a mockery of VC and MTN when it comes to 3G price per GB. Even if they aren't used, we can now see how badly VC and MTN are ripping us off and can't really make any excuses for it.

Luf

Well done Mweb! They really deserve it!

LOL at Neotel - is that joke of a company still around? What the hell have they done for anything in South Africa, let-a-lone broadband.

MFour

Expert Member

Here lies the rub, I (and many others) have been informed by Telkom that they have no intention of upgrading my area, because they believe a 384 kbps connection is fast enough for home use. This I was told after months of internet problems by one of their "engineers".

No I'm sorry, just because the minority receive higher ADSL speed does not make them even close to anything worth a mention.

ebii

There are only two companies worth mentioning here: MWEB and Cell C. The rest of them did nothing whatsoever.