South Africa’s connectivity - the consumers suffer

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Can I get a :wtf:

Government infrastructure and Government usage and skills is on a par with the best ranked country??!?!?!?!
What EXACTLY is this scorecard looking at I wonder.

Qrox

Expert Member
They probably took our statistic from this year and matched it to everyone else's from 1995

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master

Government infrastructure and Government usage and skills is on a par with the best ranked country??!?!?!?!

Same here :wtf:

Somebody must've been high on something...

ISP cash cow

Executive Member

I agree and am astounded at the chart. I deal with government institutions. constantly battle to get emails through to them as the "networks or emails are down", I have even had some departments telling me to revert all my correspondence back to Fax! :wtf:

I was at government department yesterday where the staff did not even have computers to do their jobs, the items they purchased require computers to work!!

Someone is seriously lying on this survey in the government fold!!

RJMadCat

Nothing stops other ISP's from bypassing Telkom. All they need to do is lay some cable.

What happened with the "telkom owns all the sidewalks"?

Has that been 100% completely resolved since the time with Neotel?

icyrus

Executive Member
What happened with the "telkom owns all the sidewalks"?

Has that been 100% completely resolved since the time with Neotel?

It is the usual Telkom rubbish. Completely unfounded and counter to reality.

Pollynator

I fixed it...

167j9qb.jpg

Tetrahedron

I've also had the misfortune of working with government departments, and I can honestly say that the departments I worked with had no clue about infrastructure, email or even basic technology as a whole. Most people didn't even know how to write a very basic Word document. This coupled with the blatant fraud I witnessed, it's a miracle those departments have desks to work on, never mind computers.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Quite convenient then that all VANS holders (almost all existing ISPs) had their licenses converted.

"Almost all" does not equal "all". He implied that anyone could do it. Just try that and see who gets arrested for digging up the sidewalk.

politallycorrect

we suffer but things are improving slowly. Hopefully Govt will get out of the business of trying to run businesses and just be the ref on the playing field!