South Africa’s economy is going to take another knock

km2

Expert Member
This is such a minor issue compared to the real credit rating downgrades and Gordhan nonsense. Glad they've pulled out of this sham court.

ɹǝuuᴉM

Expert Member
This is such a minor issue compared to the real credit rating downgrades and Gordhan nonsense. Glad they've pulled out of this sham court.
Why exactly are you glad? Yes, it might be a 'sham court' but if SA pull out then there is going to be nothing. I mean NOTHING :( And yes, I know is Africa we are talking about but still, how can Africans be happy if their rulers can do what they want without any guardrails in place - however weak they might be. What a mentality.

ngwe23

Executive Member
At least one person had brains in this forum. I has lot all hope.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
I also favour a withdrawal ..... Why do Bush and Blair get away with it, but the ICC would not dare go after 1st world leaders...

BBSA

Honorary Master
Why exactly are you glad? Yes, it might be a 'sham court' but if SA pull out then there is going to be nothing. I mean NOTHING :( And yes, I know is Africa we are talking about but still, how can Africans be happy if their rulers can do what they want without any guardrails in place - however weak they might be. What a mentality.
It is just an Anti-western mindset, they do not think about the consequences. In most of the cases against African leaders, Africans have approached the ICC for help.

Last edited:

ɹǝuuᴉM

Expert Member
I also favour a withdrawal ..... Why do Bush and Blair get away with it, but the ICC would not dare go after 1st world leaders...
Because, unlike Africa, they have fairly well working democracies which have brought a high living standard to their countries. The leaders of this countries are 'watched' from within. But your leaders can do as they please and then you expect B&B to help you out of your missery with all sorts of handouts. Otherwise you flock to the countries run by B&B.

krycor

Honorary Master
Because, unlike Africa, they have fairly well working democracies which have brought a high living standard to their countries. The leaders of this countries are 'watched' from within. But your leaders can do as they please and then you expect B&B to help you out of your missery with all sorts of handouts. Otherwise you flock to the countries run by B&B.
Pathetic attempt at an excuse. Law applies equally or not at all which is why law & order on roads in Gauteng is pathetic. Why must the moron in a Porsche who has not had an accident in a decade or two obey any laws as, similarly to your statement, he clearly knows how to drive well.. just arrest the taxi drivers right?

Wrt SA leaving ICC.. that's if the ANC get it right, this is going to be debated in Parliament because it was one of those unanimous decisions Zupta took which requires broad consensus to pass. In the end Zuma needs to go but like most African countries, the majority who vote will never change much like the guys north in Zim.

ɹǝuuᴉM

Expert Member
@Krykor You say: "Law applies equally or not at all"
Good reasoning but.... Do the leaders onto which the law "applies equally" also apply the law equally on their country man and woman? If the answer is no than your reasoning is not good :( You decide....

Swa

Honorary Master
What bothers me more is their reasons for doing it and disregarding our own rule of law.