South Africa’s Gwede Mantashe Backs Coal Amid Climate Talks

system32

Executive Member
Chinese ones will.
No Chinese won't - recent changes:

system32

Executive Member
i'm guessing he owns shares in coal mining companies and/or companies that will be making "cleaner coal technology".
If Gwede "Fossil" Mantashe has a solution for clean coal he would be rich already.
Elon Musk is offering $100m for 'best' workable carbon capture & storage - so far no one has won (or even shown a technology that could win)
No cheap technology exists.
Elon Musk motive for CC&S is for use on Mars to create methane.

Must Watch:

Last edited:

zoozi

Expert Member
If Gwede "Fossil" Mantashe has a solution for clean coal he would be rich already.
Elon Musk is offering $100m for 'best' workable carbon capture & storage - so far no one has won (or even shown a technology that could win)
No cheap technology exists.
Elon Musk motive for CC&S is for use on Mars to create methane.

Must Watch:

The newest biggest one was released last week, it will capture 3 seconds of emissions :ROFL:. We need millions of these things to avoid catastrophe. **** is hopeless. No to carbon taxes thanks (fines for the rich to continue the same living standards, while the lower classes pay for it and eat gruel), let us have some cheap fuel for the credits.

justplain

Expert Member
Or the ANC could use their brain ( I know....I'm funny) and create an environment that attracts massive foreign technological investment into alternative energy research and become the primary world wide destination for clean energy projects.
This will create plenty jobs, I'd wager more than in the coal industry. Though I'm sure there's a flaw in this idea......oh... I highlighted it above....the ANC using their brains.......and all those lekker tenders they are already involved in.

eg2505

Honorary Master
what did you expect from a bunch of muppets who couldnt even screw in a lightbulb? foreign investment?
creation of jobs? infustructure that works?

the ANC only care in enriching itself, your crazy to think otherwise.

rietrot

Honorary Master
what did you expect from a bunch of muppets who couldnt even screw in a lightbulb? foreign investment?
creation of jobs? infustructure that works?

the ANC only care in enriching itself, your crazy to think otherwise.
There is this myth that we need foreign investment. That's not true. We have all the resources we need.

Foreign investment is bad.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Or the ANC could use their brain ( I know....I'm funny) and create an environment that attracts massive foreign technological investment into alternative energy research and become the primary world wide destination for clean energy projects.
Imagine they could get Musk to build a massive powerwall in the karoo like he did in Oz.

Sapphiron

Expert Member
He can prolong the use of coal, by sticking it up his own arse.

something has to feed all the hot air coming out the top

Last edited:

Shadowchaser1

Besides for lining their own pockets, the ANC Gov does not have the capacity to move forward. I think CR wanted/ or mentioned some Bullet train in SA. Jeez, pipe dream, man pipe dream.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Besides for lining their own pockets, the ANC Gov does not have the capacity to move forward. I think CR wanted/ or mentioned some Bullet train in SA. Jeez, pipe dream, man pipe dream.
And you are so glad you left in 2003, angithi mnganam?

Shadowchaser1

And you are so glad you left in 2003, angithi mnganam?
Purely an observation. Not an expert on SA matters. BTW, the work I do, there is no American company in SA, never have been and never will be. I left SA in 2003, correct. Was a great opportunity as well. Just wasn't worth flying there and back every few months. Home just became closer from where I worked, much easier.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
*sigh*...when you have an incompetent, Communist former-trade unionist running a department he has zero knowledge of...

Happy Days

Expert Member

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...

Peon

Expert Member
The non-polluting coal mentioned is got by mining Hazenile guys... Dont be so hard on Uncle Gwede.