South Africa’s new demerit system is now law

krycor

Honorary Master
yay.. if u in the Jhb Metro watch out.. i'm always watching on my cam and submit plenty of reports daily :D

Baise

Administrative Adjudication of Road Traffic Offences

Now there's an oxymoron ... the system will never fly as intended because they don't have the administrative capabilities to enforce it.

Hellhound105

Expert Member
Can't deduct points if you dont have a license

Ha ha ha

ha ha....ag vok, R23 was standing still yesterday so I take it the R21 will stand still tonight. Better blame those speeding.

gamer16

Honorary Master
Whats probably going to happen

Driver goes 110 in a 80 zone and is stopped by popo

popo, sir you shal be receiving 4 points for speeding

Driver, eish tata I've already got 10 they gonna take away my licence then I lose my job

popo, so what we gonna do.

Driver, hands R100.

popo, have a good day sir.

Lupus

Honorary Master
About time only took 15 years, also with no visible policing this is going to do what exactly? I mean the SA driver has steadily gotten worse over the years. Emergency lanes, yellow markings, stop streets, traffic lights, cirlces and yield don't mean a thing. They drive like they want to because the law doesn't do a thing. Unless it's sitting behind a camera, which I've not seen a lot of either.

Rabobi

Executive Member
About time only took 15 years, also with no visible policing this is going to do what exactly? I mean the SA driver has steadily gotten worse over the years. Emergency lanes, yellow markings, stop streets, traffic lights, cirlces and yield don't mean a thing. They drive like they want to because the law doesn't do a thing. Unless it's sitting behind a camera, which I've not seen a lot of either.
Yep, very little policing now, hardly see a pig out there these days. But hey, at least we have another pointless law in place instead of focusing on things that make things better

Reactions: OCP

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
This will change nothing...

At best it will mean more people on the road are possibly illegal... But in my 20+ years of driving, I have been asked by a police officer for my license a sum total of 5 times (4 at roadblocks and once when the fscker was fishing for a bribe)

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I don't mind this at all. What I do mind is the lack of effective traffic law enforcement and bribery which will now skyrocket.