South Africa’s strict new driving laws coming in June

lkswan747

Expert Member
"Driver does not have licence with him in vehicle " R500 - 1 Point.

So if your licence is in your luggage in the trailer you get a point, but if you have a vagina, you do not.
Most cops are called vaginas but in Afrikaans.:ROFL:

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Pffft! It's cheaper than the R400 Ekurhuleni asks for the same currently. If you don't want to get charged that, control your vehicle sufficiently.
Another thing, i went to the PO to get the fine and they give me a slip with the fine and amount. When i asked for the official fine (to verify its my car) they said i will have to go to my nearest traffic dept to get it. I just loled and walked out.

2020 and they cant print something for me.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Another thing, i went to the PO to get the fine and they give me a slip with the fine and amount. When i asked for the official fine (to verify its my car) they said i will have to go to my nearest traffic dept to get it. I just loled and walked out.

2020 and they cant print something for me.
If it's an AARTO fine you can just check the website.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
If it's an AARTO fine you can just check the website.
But they clever fkers, the fine was issued in Oct 2019 but i only recieved the notice last week. No 50% discount for me. Bastards.

If they catch that 308KM/h speedster and they dont crush his car and give him a R30K fine, im not paying squat.

Bewlen

The only difference this is going to make, is in metro police waist lines. Our proud and noble law enforcers are gonna get so fat.

"You blinked while driving. Yoh it's nearly lunchtime, I'm so hungry..."

stefan9

Executive Member
The inconsiderate driving one is bs. Way too much dependent on interpretation.

The disputing procedures is also an issue.

Rest is fine

Coasti

Expert Member
I guess the laws will be enforced by identifying the perpetrators and then call upon them come forward and present themselfs OR they will be visited at their places of resident in MIDRAND..

wizardofid

Executive Member
Technically, your body also produces its own alcohol, so technically it is impossible to have 0%.
No, unless you have auto-brewery syndrome, which is an extremely rare condition then no. You have to have abnormal gut fermentation to produce ethanol.

clickingbuttons

Cops were in full force by Cape Town central taxi rank yesterday pulling over dozens of taxis
Oh right, Cape Town :)

In JHB we have full on road blocks where they block the whole highway so that they can pull over and harass drivers most likely to have occupents that can hand them over bribe money.

The road block at Bruma lake every Saturday for example.

wizardofid

Executive Member
No more rum and raisin chocolate. :crying:
lol unless it states, not for sale to persons under the age of 18, then it contains ZERO alcohol, they use a flavorant called ronsin.

Ever been down the baking isle, where the little colorants and flavorants are.Well there is a rum flavor :)

Technically speaking you could also evaporate the alcohol before use, but the costs versus a flavorant especially in the large manufacturing process, isn't very cost effective.If you actually look at the ingredients on the back of a cadbury, No rum just flavorant :)