Syphonx

Expert Member
lol N9, might be a good phone, but best smartphone? hell no, should be SGS2

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
What you have to pay R190 000 if your product wins

http://productoftheyear.co.za/enter/

Wooow

After seeing this little nugget I VOTE for the immediate removal of the POS article

If your product is voted a winner of its category, your total costs will be R197,500 (R190,000 with Early Bird registration). Please see the chart below for a full breakdown of the costs. All entrants, win or lose, will receive the full report on their category from Nielsen.
Products cannot opt out once submitted. Due to the nature of the study, doing so may jeopardize the other products or even a whole category.
The entry form is an electronic contract. You don't get a paper to sign in the mail because by clicking "submit" you’re signing the form. It’s no different than shopping online.

Any bets most of the good brands just didn't submit to this ****?

Last edited:

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
I wonder if any of the 5000 "voters" get part of the 190k PER category payout

Raru

Company Rep
It would seem this is one competition you do not want to win. How many products are not entered because of the R197 500 fee!

AniV

Expert Member
It would seem this is one competition you do not want to win. How many products are not entered because of the R197 500 fee!

You only have to pay if your product wins. I agree that 5000 people is not a very large survey. In other countries the survey group is much larger, but then again POY is still quite young in SA.
MyBB only reported on this because of the inclusion of the new Technology section.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
There is so much fail in that article. I don't even know where to start...