South Africa’s top tablet PC and cellphone products of 2012

RandomGRK

Expert Member
I would love to know how they selected their sample of 5000! Ive never even met a person who owns an N9! lol

F

Fudzy

This is a common practice by marketeers the world over, create an award then give it to the person who is most generous towards the funding of the continuation of the award.

sii

[snip]
Best smartphone: Nokia N9
This I think is complete bollocks... Galaxy II? Google Nexus? etc etc..

Products which “demonstrate innovation and were launched within the previous year” have been chosen. In terms of this, the N9 blows the SII and Nexus out of the water. Chucking in a dual-core CPU and upping the screen size is not innovation. Case closed.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Ive never even met a person who owns an N9!

Even all my Nokia friends have switched to HTC or Samsung. Funny that 2 of the companies listed as having the best products are in the poo i.e Nokia being sponsored $250million by Microsoft and Sony doubled its annual lost forecast :p

cfourie

bwhaha :wtf:did julias conduct this ...this is utter crap..i work for a cellular company and i have the ipad2 and Samsung Galaxy Note,i worked on ALL other Tablets and smartphones... who ever tells me that the 10.1 and the N9 is better can come suck my fat $@%:p

Hemps

Honorary Master
who ever tells me that the 10.1 and the N9 is better can come suck my fat $@%

Agreed, the 10.1 with honeycomb is not better than an iPad 2 , maybe ICS will give it hope.

BLIXEMPIE

Honorary Master
bwhaha :wtf:did julias conduct this ...this is utter crap..i work for a cellular company and i have the ipad2 and Samsung Galaxy Note,i worked on ALL other Tablets and smartphones... who ever tells me that the 10.1 and the N9 is better can come suck my fat $@%:p

I actually agree that the iPad 2 is better than the Galaxy. Even though on paper the specs look better on the Samsung, using the iPad 2 brings a much more enjoyable experience.

F

Fudzy

I actually agree that the iPad 2 is better than the Galaxy. Even though on paper the specs look better on the Samsung, using the iPad 2 brings a much more enjoyable experience.

Oh but as many well tell you on-paper specs > all.

cozinsky

Expert Member
N9...hahahahahahahaha
was the interviews at an old age home???
the only one that makes sense is the Tablet...also shouldn't this be 2011....there will be so many new products this year!

Surely these adjudicators know nothing about tecnology! Nokia smartphone of the year!! Get serious please. All I can do is laugh in their faces. They have no clue what they are doing. Joke of the year!

surfs-up

Expert Member
Bwahahahahahahahahhahaahah most ridiculous article I have read this year. Where did they do the survey ? Khayelitsha ?

BeVonk!

Executive Member
The survey probably read something like this ...

Complete this survey and stand a chance to win one of the following best in category prizes:

1) Nokia N9
2) Norton Internet Security 2012
3) Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
4) Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
5) Nokia C3

Which of the following ...

Neo_X

Expert Member
What you have to pay R190 000 if your product wins

http://productoftheyear.co.za/enter/

Wooow

After seeing this little nugget I VOTE for the immediate removal of the POS article

Any bets most of the good brands just didn't submit to this ****?

This is weirdest thing i have ever seen -lol - not an entry fee to be valued - nope - if you are so unlucky to win, you have to pay the price :eek:

im actually feeling sorry for norton/nokia etc etc :p

but yes - i have not heard/read alot about the N9 (most probably is an awesome phone - but damn - if most reviews out there is either sammy / apple or mebe google/android - where the hell does the nokia come from??? :eek:

Mys

Product of the Year is total BS!

Whie i am sure that some winners are deserving the reality is that it is an award created mainly for large FMCG type companies who want more ways to deceive the public to their categories by putting some more arbitrary medals and certificates all over their products.

There are even categories where only 1 product is entered and by default that prodcut is the winner! This may very well be the case in the IT categories here.

Also the fact that the winners have to actually pay in to use the product of the year branding seems nonsensical and a farce to anybody but Product of the Year employees and companies with spare cash that is burning a hole a in their pockets.

I wish that consumers would get more empowered so that they can see through this kind of Bull$hit!

F

Fudzy

I think MyBB should retract it's article for the sake of the site being linked to such a blatantly obvious flawed award ceremony.