South Africa at risk of becoming a ‘forgotten country’: RMB boss

Jopie Fourie

Expert Member
It's already a forgotten country to the world. No more changes will ever have any influence on this at all. The ANC has already created the distrust towards them. There is no way any sane investor will ever trust the ANC to do the right thing again, no matter what reforms they ever implement. They had the chance to show the world they are honourable and trustworthy, but they actually jumped right into it and showed their true colours.

lkswan747

It is already forgotten! We have forgotten what it is like to have first class service, we have forgotten what it is like to have electricity without black outs, we have forgotten what the roads are like without potholes, we have forgotten what it feels like to have your garbage collected on time every week, we have forgotten how our municipal services used to work, we have forgotten ...............

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
LOL. It's already a forgotten country - a place where people come to enjoy some sunshine in the summer at affordable rates, but nothing else besides that.

Jopie Fourie

Expert Member
LOL. It's already a forgotten country - a place where people come to enjoy some sunshine in the summer at affordable rates, but nothing else besides that.
Tourism is at an all-time low when it comes to the US, UK and Europe. Even that is no more.

When I see articles like this from the private sector, I can understand why the whole sector is in shambles.

Articles like this gives me a funny feeling in my stomach, it actually invokes a bit of fear in regards to my money held in the First Rand group. Makes one start wondering if you should not just keep your debt paid up to date at all times but get your actual money out of their hands. Not sure it will be safe with them when things start going South for them.

lkswan747

Tourism is at an all-time low when it comes to the US, UK and Europe. Even that is no more.

When I see articles like this from the private sector, I can understand why the whole sector is in shambles.

Articles like this gives me a funny feeling in my stomach, it actually invokes a bit of fear in regards to my money held in the First Rand group. Makes one start wondering if you should not just keep your debt paid up to date at all times but get your actual money out of their hands. Not sure it will be safe with them when things start going South for them.
Worry more about the Government taking your money! They don't give a shyte as per the bailouts, audit results, fraud, irregular spending etc.

krycor

Honorary Master
SA will likely end up like every country I’ve been to north of here.. go down to nothing till business learns to use the population to its advantage without screwing them over.

Sucks but that’s what every country goes through till they realize how stupid they, gov and the people are. Mean time another round of morons will make an exodus and continue bitching about life because that’s their nature.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Actually the opposite will happen as the anc and others become more and more racist we will be in the world news all the time expecially when the idiots are begging for sanctions to be lifted and food etc.

Nod

Executive Member
The sad thing is that if you tell people overseas of the load shedding, corruption and other issues we experience, they simply accept it as "normal" for an African country. It should not be normal, and we should be striving for better.