South Africa has the worst broadband speeds in Akamai EMEA ratings

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Would have been more useful if you posted a table with just the African countries...

Toby

Would have been more useful if you posted a table with just the African countries...
As a country that was once accepted as the technology leader in Africa, i tend to disagree.

We should be aiming to return as the technology leader in Africa, and should be compared to the rest of EMEA.

Where the comparison could add more value, is to have the highest "x" countries in Africa in the table and then the rest of the EMEA countries.

From the report only, it does not indicate how bad we are when compared to the next African country.

"worst broadband speeds in Akamai EMEA" implies that we are the WORST in Africa, which i am inclined to believe

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
As a country that was once accepted as the technology leader in Africa, i tend to disagree.

We should be aiming to return as the technology leader in Africa, and should be compared to the rest of EMEA.

Where the comparison could add more value, is to have the highest "x" countries in Africa in the table and then the rest of the EMEA countries.

From the report only, it does not indicate how bad we are when compared to the next African country.

"worst broadband speeds in Akamai EMEA" implies that we are the WORST in Africa, which i am inclined to believe
Obviously I meant in addition to, not in place of.

And yes, that "once was the leader" is what I'm talking about. by comparing us to the other African countries we can see how far we have fallen.

MickeyD

RIP
Not even close. Maybe MyBB should get the stats for EVERY African country and not only the few that actually participate in these surveys.

Gnome

Executive Member
Wow. Nice. How much do pay for the connection? Do you have a usage limit?
200GB usage limit (or 1TB after hours). Paying R699 pm for everything (line, internet, etc.)