South Africa headed for recession in 2019

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
The technical definition of a recession is two consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth (don't start the debate on how you can have negative growth, please! ;)). It was positive in Q4 2018.

https://tradingeconomics.com/south-africa/gdp-growth
Last year South Africa was in a recession, and despite a few months of Ramaphoria never really got out of it. Yes from a technical standpoint they did but really the country has been in one for about a year now.

Jola

Honorary Master
With all due respect....that is not true. Not even slightly.
Actually it is true, have quite a few empty shops at local shopping centres, this has never happened before. For example at Hyde Park Corner, etc.

And I have information about a few large chains that have significant drops in sales.

Marcell1992

In a shopping centre near me. I can roughly count 9 businesses that closed down in the last 2 years or so, probably more than 9. Dunkin donuts (countrywide), Mike's Kitchen(countrywide), a fishery I forgot the name,
2 jewelry stores I forgot the names, Zebro's (my favorite chicken place, QQ), a hair salon and 2 clothing stores.

So what do you smoke? I would like some too.

Spread the word around braai - you can scientifically blame it on the rightful owners without being genocided.
And there is more - since you obviously share millions of genes with Richard dawkins, you get your bragging rights as well. How about win-win?

View attachment 668017
He should apply for an African reserved job in SA and see how it works out....

From my POV I see salary earners struggling, shopping centres with many vacant spaces. The lack of service delivery in shops is just how SA's people operate. If you fire them they burn down clinics or kill you at night.

DreamKing

Executive Member
you guys said what I want to say .....

viva anc.... viva .....

vote for recession ..... viva ....

ambroseg1

Executive Member
From my POV I see salary earners struggling, shopping centres with many vacant spaces. The lack of service delivery in shops is just how SA's people operate. If you fire them they burn down clinics or kill you at night.
So a salary earner struggles, and thinks in the morning....."you know what, fck this job. I am struggling, but giving **** service is just what I do as a South African. If the company I work for goes under due to **** service I cant help it" :confused:

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
The ANC refuses to listen to anyone besides their alliance partners.

There has been a voluminous amount of research of what needs to be done...it's actually sad reading reports from say 2008 and you're in 2019 and nothing / very little has been done. Like time has frozen.
ANC is so anti west ... they think they can rule SA with no western investments.. because western = white = the devil!