South Africa is back – and you can thank Cyril: analyst

f2wohf

Honorary Master
welcome back to the Mbeki era, just waiting for Cyril took give us his backyard theories on the best ways to fight AIDS
You quite obviously don’t have a clue about the guy.
M

abzo

Honorary Master
You quite obviously don’t have a clue about the guy.
M
mmmig has repeatedly shown us that he doesn't have much of a clue about most things. I've heard you're called Mr-Know-It-All around here which makes him your nemesis, Mr-Doesn't-Know-Anything-At-All.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
mmmig has repeatedly shown us that he doesn't have much of a clue about most things. I've heard you're called Mr-Know-It-All around here which makes him your nemesis, Mr-Doesn't-Know-Anything-At-All.

You forgot the fake lawyer part (still no answer to the part where I propose to show my degrees though).

thechamp

Honorary Master
I agree. Cyril will be an improvement, but not the solution to the country's woes.
I think the country's woes can't be solved by one man, even if that man happens to be the President of the country, Mandela did not solve the country's problems, nether did Mbeki. We just need someone who will enable the country to work, for the law enforcement agencies to do their job, for the judiciary to carry out it's duties without fear, for all the organs of state do what they need to do, and lastly someone who will inspire all those who just want to do their job in government to do so and feel that their hard work is appreciated and not to be drowned out by the captured cadres and the incompetence of captured ministers, premiers, mayors and councillors.

I think the country's woes can't be solved by one man, even if that man happens to be the President of the country, Mandela did not solve the country's problems, nether did Mbeki. We just need someone who will enable the country to work, for the law enforcement agencies to do their job, for the judiciary to carry out it's duties without fear, for all the organs of state do what they need to do, and lastly someone who will inspire all those who just want to do their job in government to do so and feel that their hard work is appreciated and not to be drowned out by the captured cadres and the incompetence of captured ministers, premiers, mayors and councillors.
I agree.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
+1

eXisor

Expert Member
I'm a fan, but Mandela was hamstrung by his need to maintain sainthood. He was a good first president only in that he let the power shift settle.

thechamp

Honorary Master
I'm a fan, but Mandela was hamstrung by his need to maintain sainthood. He was a good first president only in that he let the power shift settle.
A little bit unfair don't you think?

eXisor

Expert Member
A little bit unfair don't you think?
Yes, as a broad statement it is unfair. I should not have posted on such a nuanced matter if I did not have the time elaborate.
Edit: Anyhow, this is a different matter than you raised and my post derails more than it contributes. I agree with your post.

Last edited: