South Africa is getting a special ‘crime detection university’ to boost policing

Quicks

Expert Member
Yes, let's increase spending on fighting crime. Why are you against that?
problem is the people they employ is corrupt and useless and do not fight crime but enforce corruption!

S.Claus

Expert Member
design_1541720307.jpg

blah99

Expert Member
Let me guess. It's to catch all those dagga smokers.......

3WA

Honorary Master
I wonder if this university will detect student unrest before the buildings get burned down.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Police used to study through the normal institutions: techsa, uniss etc. Why create something new again?

R13...

Honorary Master
Good idea but don't think we need a whole new university for it. There's lots of available capacity at the current ones plus I'm sure other international agencies would be happy to help. For less money.

I seem to remember we used to get technical and training assistance (at least for the Scorpions but also in the early before their establishment) from the likes of the FBI. It bred a bunch of good policing.

stiller26

What happened to the one in Paarl that was introduced by Phiyega in partnership with UNISA.

R13...

Honorary Master
Or like just clean up crime intelligence and SSA of the criminal element. In other words, disband and start over.

D tj

Expert Member
Please, this is SA, this is an attempt to educate more criminals, add mathematics as a subject and see the failure rate.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Not a bad idea but pointless with the people they would report to and work with being criminals, corrupt and idiots.

The NPA, Justice and guvment are whom I am referring to as well as their co-workers who don't deserve to work let alone be in the police.