South Africa is looking to move to ‘advanced level 3 lockdown’ – here’s what could change

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
Why level 3 2.0? Just go to level 2 already
Agreed

1. Because control - that power tripping becomes addictive
2. Looks like work - a days work spread over a few weeks makes them look ever so productive
3. Because the main Hutt - Jaba NDZ didnt say so.
;)

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
A week ago I would've said just lift the restrictions and get it over with, we'll all get this anyway. But of the 4 people I know that got this the healthiest one(a colleague) died on Friday morning. He was strong as an ox and built like a brick shithouse, so he was the last person I would've expected to die from this. So now I'm not so sure anymore.
Sorry for your loss.

But honestly, none of us know anything about the private health conditions of anyone else, and even little about our own health. And even then, you could have hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, immune disorders and underlying conditions for years with no real symptoms etc and just not know it.

I think the worst thing we can do is consider every anecdote as scientific data. Of course there will be mysteries and exceptions. But the major trend still states that those that die are largely with other serious medical conditions.

Sensorei

Executive Member
A week ago I would've said just lift the restrictions and get it over with, we'll all get this anyway. But of the 4 people I know that got this the healthiest one(a colleague) died on Friday morning. He was strong as an ox and built like a brick shithouse, so he was the last person I would've expected to die from this. So now I'm not so sure anymore.
Sorry about your colleague. How old was he? Big guys are more likely to have high blood pressure. Blood pressure usually drops with a lower BMI.

Healthy young people simply don't die from covid-19. There's always an underlying condition that possibly wasn't known at the time.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Can someone please offer a free course to people on how to position their cellphones when being interviewed on TV?

1592224095737.png

:crying:

Cage Rattler

I think the worst thing we can do is consider every anecdote as scientific data. Of course there will be mysteries and exceptions.
Indeed so. Knew a close work colleague who was fine for years and looked pretty healthy. Then said he was feeling tired one week. Went to doctor who decided to get a routine blood test. Guy was gone three months later .. acute leukemia. Anything can happen....

Craig

Honorary Master
Sorry for your loss.

But honestly, none of us know anything about the private health conditions of anyone else, and even little about our own health. And even then, you could have hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, immune disorders and underlying conditions for years with no real symptoms etc and just not know it.

I think the worst thing we can do is consider every anecdote as scientific data. Of course there will be mysteries and exceptions. But the major trend still states that those that die are largely with other serious medical conditions.
That's probably true.
Sorry about your colleague. How old was he? Big guys are more likely to have high blood pressure. Blood pressure usually drops with a lower BMI.

Healthy young people simply don't die from covid-19. There's always an underlying condition that possibly wasn't known at the time.
He was still in his 50's, so relatively young. But who knows, maybe he had some pre-existing condition.

Sarg3_ZN

Cos the government is agile.. they need to have daily standups, and then plot the points for the story and figure out what the "definition of done" and then monitor burn down charts... but of course they don't have any competent scrum masters.
Scrum and masters, that's not just racist... that's double racist /s

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Advanced level 3? It's not about COVID, it's about absolute power. Just look at that thug Cele.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
In South Africa it's really difficult for a person to literally starve to death. Dying from Covid is very possible though.
Well, as long as you pay for those people who are not allowed to work electricity and water and car and housing and and and, it's all good.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
In my view, they are calling it an advanced level 3 lockdown to stay within ‘level 3’ due to the High Court order which is to be appealed which has already been opposed by LFN. They keep to the same regulations, that they are allowed, but imply more allowable activities.

AntennaMan

Expert Member
That's probably true.

He was still in his 50's, so relatively young. But who knows, maybe he had some pre-existing condition.
A colleague of mine passed away in December 2018. He was also in his 50's and although tall, he wasn't fat by any means. He looked healthy for his age. During the holidays, he went for a walk with his wife, sat down at a lookout spot because he wasn't feeling well, and then passed away from a heart attack.

It is impossible to know of every underlying issue, even with yourself.