South Africa is the most dangerous country in the world to drive in

OK you're starting to get a small inkling what life in the rest of Africa is like.

So now I want you to imagine that everybody on the road is like that Polo driver, even the pedestrians, even the pets, but with even less of a sense of their own self preservation, maybe triple it. Now I want you to imagine that not just the traffic lights don't work sometimes... instead every single motorist that's lived for the last 50+ years has never even seen a functioning traffic light in their lifetimes. The very concept of something controlling traffic flow at an intersection, other than an unholy ramshackle equation involving the size of your chassis and how little you value your own life, is something they don't grasp.

The only way someone can say SA's roads are worse is if they've never travelled anywhere that's really fscked in Africa. There's no other explanation other than ignorance.
Well I've been to Zimbabwe and Zambia and it was a lot better than here. Namibia was nice but I think there isn't a bit enough population for the roads to be chaos. Botswana was also ok. however I have been to India and Bangladesh and it is mayhem there.

What nonsense. He should live in Caracas in Venezuela for a few months. Much more in your face violence

Even in Nairobi (Kenya) you need to have an armed sentry in your street to keep away the thugs and chancers

Driving in Asia is a nightmare. In Bangkok there is often gridlock. Only China, Japan and Singapore are better

Well I've been to Zimbabwe and Zambia and it was a lot better than here. Namibia was nice but I think there isn't a bit enough population for the roads to be chaos. Botswana was also ok. however I have been to India and Bangladesh and it is mayhem there.
Zimbabwe and Zambia are first world Western European countries compared to places like Egypt and the DRC when it comes to roads.

India has functioning traffic lights. It's chaos because of the sheer number of people moving about, but there are Indian drivers that have seen traffic lights and know how they work. To egyptians traffic lights are some myth their great grandparents perhaps told them about once long ago around the campfire. Egypt just has places where roads meet taht you could maybe call an intersection if you squinted real hard and it's literally a case of whichever vehicle is bigger, and whichever driver cares less about dying gets right of way.

I'm not exaggerating when I say the average Egyptian motorist has never seen a traffic light.

Look up a Youtube video of an Egyptian intersection. You will thank whatever god motivates you that you drive here and not there. SA Polo drivers would get obliterated.

Last edited:
Back