South Africa is world’s second-largest hotspot of sulfur dioxide emissions, thanks to Eskom

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
I recently took a drive along the N4 towards Kruger. The air around the power stations is absolutely disgusting. Entire towns are blanketed in orange/brown fog, but it isn't fog. It really is much worse than you think, but if you don't go there and see it, you can't believe it.

gamer16

Honorary Master
I recently took a drive along the N4 towards Kruger. The air around the power stations is absolutely disgusting. Entire towns are blanketed in orange/brown fog, but it isn't fog. It really is much worse than you think, but if you don't go there and see it, you can't believe it.
Some of that is going to be them burning all kinds of plastics and things, but yeah I know what you mean.

reactor_sa

Executive Member
It's possibly the thing I hate most about coming back to SA, especially Jo'burg. Next year I'm not coming back in winter because it's 10x worse without the rain.

krycor

Honorary Master
They can always claim they trying to cool earth.. u know it reduces the carbon albeit causing acid rain.

Arthur

Honorary Master
I suppose we're all Americans now. Sulphur has been abolished. Sulphur Dioxide belongs to a bygone age. ;)