South Africa moves to adjusted level 4 lockdown – here are the new restrictions

John Tempus

Executive Member
When covid began, most worried about their elderly parents, or their disabled kids, or well anyone with a week immune that could easily die from this.

Now most grandparents are wondering, if they have to possibly raise their grandkids, and parents are dying by the hordes now.

The Spanish flu left millions of orphans, Covid is now doing the same. Before you laugh and joke about it, think of all the kids thats now become orphans because idiots think its just a joke.

We think you are a joke, not the virus.

Comparing covid19 with spanish flu, LMAO!!! That is quite a new low to reach around.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Sorry to hear about your family but 12 direct family members dying of specific flu like diseases(?) just shows a weak immune system in your genealogy. No idea why you made that point because every single person can trace make 10s or 100s of deaths in their family tree, wtf was the point of this comment ?

You have far greater concerns than any virus.
Damn dude who stepped on your toes?

John Tempus

Executive Member
Damn dude who stepped on your toes?

No one specifically but Corelli is writing out the biggest pile of poop and need to be called out.

Referencing death certificates in the family tree, the fk is that all about. hahahaha

MissMapp

No, it is necessary. You can go to any private hospital in Gauteng and try and see what is currently happening. What is happening is the direct cause of lifting lockdowns, opening the economy, schools, churches without having sufficient access to vaccines. The rest of the country will experience the same in coming months. There is no more stopping the same death and destruction in other provinces. They were too late with the lockdowns.
No. Lockdowns are a terrible public policy tool. They punish the poor, wreck livelihoods (in a country like SA lives and livelihoods are indivisible), and have untold repercussions reaching into the future. That’s where the death and destruction is going to come from, except of course it will be far less dramatic than the media coverage of Covid saga at the moment. Does it need to be repeated that the majority of people who contract this virus will recover without any problems?

Lupus

Honorary Master
How could the second wave have lasted 9 months when it started January and we're only in the 6th Month? I mean I know its bad, and it feels like 85 months already but.. :)
Think it was meant to be 9 weeks not 9 months, also it started at the beginning of Dec and ended at the start of Feb, 9 weeks. The first wave started in June and ended in August.

Lupus

Honorary Master
That post seems too impersonal.
He's become a the end is nigh guy. Shouts from the rooftops that the end is nigh. That wait til this or that. Forgetting we are living in SA, wait till your brother, sister, mother whatever is shot for R2, wait till your family is sitting in a general ward bleeding out at a government hospital during normal times. Just you wait.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Should have thought of that the first wave around. We literally could of prevented covid from ever taking over the country, like Taiwan or New Zealand.

But our population, are just too stupid. So we couldnt.
New Zealand is an island at the real arse end of the world, it can close its borders easily.
We are at the arse end of Africa... We can't close anything as we're connected to one of the most derelict places in the world.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Extreme lockdown and high fines for breaking rules might of saved us. But we avoid that, because the 'economy'. Yet, like people warned, not dealing with the viruses with a strong arm, will be even worse for the economy, as we have seen.

If we could reverse time, i dont think a single person would oppose taking a 'tougher time' for a couple of months, over this years long economic decay.
Yeah 59 000 people died from the rona, a lot more will die from starvation and other poverty related incidents

Lupus

Honorary Master
View attachment 1096659

Yip lets say this.

When its quiet, no one really cares.

But when your neighbours are being dragged away in body bags pretty frequently. Or when you want to goto a hospital and they simply say it's too late or you. Is it then that you will panic?

Because thats whats happening in Gauteng. Ambulances have to travel 300kms with patients to find a hospital that will assist, and people are dying because hospitals are full and cannot assist any more. When the system is overloaded, its simply too late.

The Delta variant is more dangerous and more deadly.

You forget that the Avian flu was around for a while, till it adapted and then you had 4 hours from headache to death. Ask me. I have 12 death certificates in my family geneology study. My grandparents became orphans in 2 days, (great grandparents, uncles, brothers, sisters, cousins all dead in 2 days.) And this after they didnt die during the entire Boer War, and WW1.
It's not more deadly, it's the same as everyone was saying the beta was more deadly. The more people that get it, the more possibilities of deaths going up, so far actually the deaths are remaining relative to both previous waves, maybe a bit less.

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
I wish South Africans would just refuse to pay any bills collectively somehow because creating rules that prevent you from earning yet expecting you to pay all your fking bills is a clear path to destroying homes quickly.

Ironically, a lot of South Africans aren't paying their bills, which is why we have these rate increases.

rambo919

Honorary Master
BTW anyone else notice how we are progressing through the greek alphabet as if this is software that's nearing completion :ROFL:

Arthur

Honorary Master
All this virus wants to do is kill people, and it will learn how to do it, thus the variant, each adaption its gonna get worse and worse.

View attachment 1096669
If the creators of this graphic can't even spell vaccine how the hell can we trust their proportions?!

Obviously sloppy work, and therefore utterly useless.

Draken

New Zealand is an island at the real arse end of the world, it can close its borders easily.
We are at the arse end of Africa... We can't close anything as we're connected to one of the most derelict places in the world.
Being an island means nothing. Majority of the spread is air travel.

Of course we could of done proper lockdowns, thinking otherwise is a fallacy.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Here is a question:

Can one still transport alcohol?
Of course you can, go for it. I mean the amount of cops I've seen on the road between the office and home was exactly the amount I'd see if it was a normal everyday, in fact it's probably the same amount I saw during hard lockdown... None I did see a few ambulances.