South Africa must finalise land expropriation policy in 2020: Ramaphosa

Neuk_

Expert Member
What was wrong with the current land claim solution? Is it that the overwhelming majority of land claimants opted for money instead of land?

lucifir

Expert Member
Fix the power first, priority 1!
the land will provide power and everything they need :rolleyes:
look at zim, once the bread basket of africa, now they can't even feed themselves... but they have the land, so they must be 1st world by now :sneaky:

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Centuries old now?

If the land was stolen - why is no one opening a case of theft against the thieves?

BBSA

Honorary Master
And these idiots wonder why our economy doesn't grow :rolleyes:

VooDooC

And these idiots wonder why our economy doesn't grow :rolleyes:
Oh they know exactly why the economy isn't growing, they just don't give a flying f***. As long as they can steal from the 3mil tax payers, keep the masses stupid and ignorant, hand out a KFC lunch and tshirts here and there they're perfectly happy with the current state of the f***up uhm country.

Lupus

Honorary Master
the land will provide power and everything they need :rolleyes:
look at zim, once the bread basket of africa, now they can't even feed themselves... but they have the land, so they must be 1st world by now :sneaky:
Where does this notion of Zimbabwe being the bread basket of Africa come from? I mean Zimbabwe has never surpassed 10% share across Africa in 55 years, sure they produced enough for themselves and some to export but they were not the bread basket.
It seems it's just something that suddenly popped up, even Wikipedia for some reason has it listed as the bread basket of Africa, which is BS.

Reactions: 3WA

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Where does this notion of Zimbabwe being the bread basket of Africa come from? I mean Zimbabwe has never surpassed 10% share across Africa in 55 years, sure they produced enough for themselves and some to export but they were not the bread basket.
It seems it's just something that suddenly popped up, even Wikipedia for some reason has it listed as the bread basket of Africa, which is BS.
Honestly I think the Breadbasket thing is being used out of context in a way.

Their maize/staple food production was good for many years, but it was the other crops (mostly cash crops) that were star performers. Tobacco, etc were where Zim shone back in the day.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Honestly I think the Breadbasket thing is being used out of context in a way.

Their maize/staple food production was good for many years, but it was the other crops (mostly cash crops) that were star performers. Tobacco, etc were where Zim shone back in the day.
Yup tobacco was where Zim shined, their wheat and maize was just a blip on their exports, it was good for them but it didn't really outshine anyone else within Africa's production.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Yup tobacco was where Zim shined, their wheat and maize was just a blip on their exports, it was good for them but it didn't really outshine anyone else within Africa's production.
I think given size of population and all that, Maize performed pretty well for the volume they generated and were able to export, but yeah never on the same level as the big boy crops...

From what I know, a fair chunk of the staple crops were grown by the non-commercial farming entities so smaller farms and such.

Lupus

Honorary Master
I think given size of population and all that, Maize performed pretty well for the volume they generated and were able to export, but yeah never on the same level as the big boy crops...

From what I know, a fair chunk of the staple crops were grown by the non-commercial farming entities so smaller farms and such.
Yup and it all fell too pieces in 2001 or so.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
''Centuries old problem of land''?

Nah mate, land became a thing when you lot screwed the country so badly you risked seeing your voters wake up to your BS, so you pulled the last trump card.

3WA

Executive Member
So the tobacco-tin of Africa.