Stokstert

Executive Member
In Pretoria they have taken the free electricity and water quota away for the whities. The same will happen with free data for sure. Only the parasites will get the free stuff.

blah99

Expert Member
In Pretoria they have taken the free electricity and water quota away for the whities. The same will happen with free data for sure. Only the parasites will get the free stuff.
That racist DA that only cares about the whites?

BandwidthAddict

Expert Member
Welfare is a cancer that destroys every society that implements it. Welfare is an evil system created by villains for villains.

All welfare programs must be scrapped.

mojoman

Expert Member
Krugersdump/Mogale Sh!tty you dont get any water allocation either...From their website:

Mogale City no longer provides residents with first six kilolitres (kl) of water free per month. The free 6kl of water was withdrawn from 1 July 2018 in order for the municipality to limit the provision of free water to households that are classified as indigent. Approved indigent households will receive the allocated free 6 kl basic water per month on a pro-rate basis.

Dan C

Honorary Master
What really is this thing that we call data?
ab00cfed11f6a048fb2aec3a686732bd.jpg

RonSwanson

Honorary Master
Ekurhuleni. But the DA are in charge there now so likely going to lose than ANC benefit, lol. You get 100kwh if you don't use more than a certain amount per month. I think you need to stay within 700kwh.
I am trying to understand the ANC logic here: Because you use less, you get given more?
:ROFL:

RonSwanson

Honorary Master
The ANC government is not a provider of data services. Everything else that they are a provider of, they have pulled through their backsides: SAA, State hospitals, Police, Defence force, Eskom, SITA, provision of water and many more. Even in their oversight role in spectrum allocation, look at ICASA, a complete and utter mess.

That is what makes this interesting: The ANC government have somehow realised that everything that they touch turns to ****, and these once proud institutions are now completely f*****, unable to deliver anything of value. It's not enough to **** ** everything in the public sector, they must now address the private sector, to do their "free service delivery" for them.

As if they haven't screwed up the private sector enough already with AA, BEE, unions, tough labour laws, and punitive taxation, they now want to rule over the pricing applied to private sector services, they want to force the private sector businesses to deliver services for free.

I see this spreading to other sectors: if you own a taxi, you will be obliged to give free rides to their specific chosen segment of the population. If you own a restaurant, free meals, grocery store, free groceries, hotel, free accommodation. This will continue until they have completely ****** the private sector too.

Viva ANC Viva!

Last edited:

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
The ANC government is not a provider of data services. Everything else that they are a provider of, they have pulled through their backsides: SAA, State hospitals, Police, Defence force, Eskom, SITA, provision of water and many more. Even in their oversight role in spectrum allocation, look at ICASA, a complete and utter mess.

That is what makes this interesting: The ANC government have somehow realised that everything that they touch turns to ****, and these once proud institutions are now completely f*****, unable to deliver anything of value. It's not enough to **** ** everything in the public sector, they must now address the private sector, to do their "free service delivery" for them.

As if they haven't screwed up the private sector enough already with AA, BEE, unions, tough labour laws, and punitive taxation, they now want to rule over the pricing applied to private sector services, they want to force the private sector businesses to deliver services for free.

I see this spreading to other sectors: if you own a taxi, you will be obliged to give free rides to their specific chosen segment of the population. If you own a restaurant, free meals, grocery store, free groceries, hotel, free accommodation. This will continue until they have completely ****** the private sector too.

Viva ANC Viva!
In this case they just want force a "TV license" fee onto the household bill that will be enough to cover the cost of this plus some gravy for them.

RonSwanson

Honorary Master
In this case they just want force a "TV license" fee onto the household bill that will be enough to cover the cost of this plus some gravy for them.
That's still OK, wait until they pass a law that every house gets to provide one free room to an indigent person / family.

Corelli

Expert Member
If we can get our kids learning remotely then many kids can attend school or improve their schooling. You can have such great after hour tutor classes online, this can push education big time for many a poor kid. Then others that dont work, can study further online. There is a lot of online training and education for free and new skills they can learn. Great for them. Really a biggy for education.

The elderly it would make it a much smaller place. I admit that upto 2 years ago my parents used Nokia's still. Dont laugh, but they loved it. Yet they spent a few hundred a month calling my sister abroad. So I got them both Iphones, and just basic data 10gb. Now they whatsapp and video call her, but not just her, other relatives all over. The iphone is probably the best simplest phone for the elderly (they may murder you the 1st 3 months) but now they can take photos, video calls, do banking from home etc. Nothing too complex. It makes a big difference. And grandkids can call them and share their day. Its priceless.

So before you curse it or blame government. Its one of the best things that they can do. It will make a big impact on many a person.

Corelli

Expert Member
How much would it really cost vs how much value will it add?

Most fibre providers provider free access to libraries, schools etc anyway. To roll out to a few more, isnt complex.

Yet the benefits far outweigh the cost.

Supervan II

Expert Member
If we can get our kids learning remotely then many kids can attend school or improve their schooling. You can have such great after hour tutor classes online, this can push education big time for many a poor kid. Then others that dont work, can study further online. There is a lot of online training and education for free and new skills they can learn. Great for them. Really a biggy for education.

The elderly it would make it a much smaller place. I admit that upto 2 years ago my parents used Nokia's still. Dont laugh, but they loved it. Yet they spent a few hundred a month calling my sister abroad. So I got them both Iphones, and just basic data 10gb. Now they whatsapp and video call her, but not just her, other relatives all over. The iphone is probably the best simplest phone for the elderly (they may murder you the 1st 3 months) but now they can take photos, video calls, do banking from home etc. Nothing too complex. It makes a big difference. And grandkids can call them and share their day. Its priceless.

So before you curse it or blame government. Its one of the best things that they can do. It will make a big impact on many a person.
So you gonna provide iPhones/Galaxys/laptops to every shack for them to be able to utilize this free data? Or do they just spread their arms wide to catch this data? :rolleyes:

See, there is more to this than just giving away data for free - something that our government is clearly incapable of foreseeing.