South Africa ranked 37th best country in the world

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Soon to fall right down to the bottom of the list, and possibly off the list

surface

Executive Member
China is on 16th. I suppose one can mostly disregard human rights and be on top 20.
Citizenship (15.88 percent): cares about human rights, cares about the environment, gender equality, progressive, religious freedom, respects property rights, trustworthy, well-distributed political power

Archer

Honorary Master
But we're the 2nd most dangerous as well?
Well we scored 0.8 in quality of life (part of which is safety for which the score is 0.1). So the scores seems right, maybe the weighting they assigned to the categories is a bit off

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
That is the dumbest ranking I've yet seen.

If you check their methodology, only 16.77% is given to quality of life (which includes security) and a low score does not have consequences outside of that little slice of the final score.

If you're going to try rank 'best' countries, some critical categories need to wreck the overall score if performed poorly in. Maslow's Needs and all that. If there are physiological problems then everything else is pretty much irrelevant.

Bad Ballie

LOL, when Russia is so far ahead of you on a list its best to just give up.

SpliceGold

Wow talk about having your head up your ass!

Most cant afford to survive comfortably due to exuberant increases. Crime is out of control. Schooling and medical care is a joke in this country. Foreigners are scared to travel to SA as its dangerous. Cant even travel around anymore with the constant fear of being murdered and hijacked.

Just this morning someone down the road from me was broken into. Cleaned the poor dude out completely. This is the norm in SA.

Traveled to KZN Durban on Monday. Well not sure where is it but there was this river by the highway and crap load of squatters in tin shacks. Never in my freaking life have I seen so much rubbish lying around. It was even overflowing onto the main highway :eek:The river was even blocked :crying: . Looks like they literally living on top of a rubbish dump. Yeah what an amazing run down s.hit hole we live in. Whomever ranked SA must have a terribly low IQ.

The landscape and wild life (mostly all gone) are the only thing SA has going for it.