South Africa returns to level 3 lockdown

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator

Under the hotspots section. I sort of jumped the gun as the wording includes "may", but we know how non-negotiable enforcement can be if you encounter the power tripping kind, bring a "cool drink" along for convincing.
That's from May and might not have much, or any, relevance when it comes to the new "adjusted" level 3 regulations which have already been gazetted.

Dianysis

Expert Member

itareanlnotani

Expert Member
Typical of government -

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 9.12.16 AM.png

So, what are the rules in a hotspot? Not mentioned at all...
Guess that means I need to trawl through the previous regulations to see whats actually in play.

They really should promulgate a final copy of these, not here are the changes to previous 15 published regulations (yes, 15!).

ForceFate

Honorary Master
let me ask this question,
when eventually the Vaccine becomes available widely,

will people that got the vaccine be forced to identify themselves constantly,
and those that haven't got the vaccine be put into lock-down until they can prove they dont have covid?
will people who refuse the vaccine (for whatever reason) be put under pressure to accept the vaccine

more and more sounds like the Nazis, wear an armband to identify you,
if you dont we will beat you, or incarcerate you for no reason.

I mean I get it, people are dying,but many recover perfectly well,
this isn't Chernobyl dust that accumulates and can kill
this is a flu that is highly infections and majority who get it will live through it.
1) No, it's not flu.
2) Some countries require proof of vaccination of certain diseases.

A more personal question: Do you have kids? Are they vaccinated and why? If no kids, would you have them vaccinated if you had them?

requiem

Expert Member
Keep reading until you get to the Amendment to Chapter 7 of the Regulations in relation to hotspots section on page 15.
Yeah, and it says the same.

So no difference between hotspot and non hotspot.

Words for words sake?

Is kopdoek paid by the word?

The Light Green Hornet

They keep ignoring the elephant in the room - the mafia taxi industry. I passed a number of them this week, filled to the brim plus 5, windows closed, some masked but mostly not. Lowering everyone to the level of the hooligans and sinking the economy will not stop them doing what they do best - whatever they want to.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Vaccinations are not really about protecting individuals - we just need to get enough people vaccinated to get the R-number below 1.

This entire pandemic have illustrated to me how selfish people can be... The " I am not vulnerable so this is an overreaction" crowd drives me nuts. Hospitals are full. People are dying. And the last thing we need to do is give the virus the space and material to mutate. Imagine we get a variant that is worse for kids or people in their prime. Then we would be properly screwed.

I am pretty sure the death toll due to Covid will be WAY more than Chernobyl.
Not to worry. We won't get the vaccine any time soon.
And IF any gets delivered the ANC elite will get it first then maybe health practioners and then only do the public stand a chance.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Yeah, and it says the same.

So no difference between hotspot and non hotspot.

Words for words sake?

Is kopdoek paid by the word?
Laid out the way it is it seems they can more easily adjust the rules for hotspots later, independently from non-hotspot areas.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Laid out the way it is it seems they can more easily adjust the rules for hotspots later, independently from non-hotspot areas.
As usual here we all are, making excuses and trying to find a compromise to justify the crap the govt has generated.
The only common thread is that the NCCC continue to ignore the MAC and anything that smells of being logical.

The sad part of all of this is the numbers are already falling.
The second wave peak is over. All the govt was hopingvfor was an excuse to continue extending the national state of disaster, and they found a way.

Mila

Honorary Master

let me ask this question,
when eventually the Vaccine becomes available widely,

will people that got the vaccine be forced to identify themselves constantly,
and those that haven't got the vaccine be put into lock-down until they can prove they dont have covid?
will people who refuse the vaccine (for whatever reason) be put under pressure to accept the vaccine

more and more sounds like the Nazis, wear an armband to identify you,
if you dont we will beat you, or incarcerate you for no reason.

I mean I get it, people are dying,but many recover perfectly well,
this isn't Chernobyl dust that accumulates and can kill
this is a flu that is highly infections and majority who get it will live through it.
will probably be in your vaccinations book, the one you use when you travel.
And you might keep this on you like your ID.

i just want the vaccination to ensure I can not make people sick.
I have to work.
I have to work with groups of people.
And If I can say I’m vaccinated I can be sure I will not kill someone’s Granny

Aghori

Honorary Master
Vaccinations are not really about protecting individuals - we just need to get enough people vaccinated to get the R-number below 1. This entire pandemic have illustrated to me how selfish people can be... The " I am not vulnerable so this is an overreaction" crowd drives me nuts. Hospitals are full. People are dying. And the last thing we need to do is give the virus the space and material to mutate. Imagine we get a variant that is worse for kids or people in their prime. Then we would be properly screwed. I am pretty sure the death toll due to Covid will be WAY more than Chernobyl.

Covid is just natures way of thinning the herd. Mother nature: "Take THAT, you fat unhealthy ****er."