South Africa returns to level 3 lockdown

Nereus77

Nothing I saw makes this clear? What about friends visiting? Is new years cancelled?
1.) Probably no visits, I'd imagine
2.) No New Years parties. We are each lighting a candle at midnight, according to Cyril

Aghori

Honorary Master
1.) Probably no visits, I'd imagine
2.) No New Years parties. We are each lighting a candle at midnight, according to Cyril

Things going on as usual for us. New Years eve party on private beach (permit) and loads of drinks...goddamn it's good to be well-connected.

Cius

Executive Member
One thing I am not clear on is can we do personal visits? Have not seen anything very clear yet. Or is back to you can do that in a restaurant but not your home kind of deal.

Temujin

Honorary Master
Things going on as usual for us. New Years eve party on private beach (permit) and loads of drinks...goddamn it's good to be well-connected.
images

Aghori

Honorary Master
One thing I am not clear on is can we do personal visits? Have not seen anything very clear yet. Or is back to you can do that in a restaurant but not your home kind of deal.

You can do visits unoficially. Keep a loaf of bread and such in your vehicle though - the coppers will be satisfied with your "Aunty needs bread and stuff and can't go to shop" story if you are (very low chance) stopped.

markings

Expert Member
and you can see that the Municipality has stopped working if you drive through town.
( it was bad pre Covid, but now they have an excuse to not even pitch up at the office)

Running municipalities should be an essential service. That some people will die in the process of providing this service is part of the job, just like health care personnel has to accept.

Cius

Executive Member
I see clause 36.3 says social gatherings including faith based ones are prohibited so that seems to include visiting homes of others.

Mila

Honorary Master
So are the police going to be as effective this new year as they are with the firework ban?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
will probably be in your vaccinations book, the one you use when you travel.
And you might keep this on you like your ID.

i just want the vaccination to ensure I can not make [may reduce the risk of making] people sick.
I have to work.
I have to work with groups of people.
And If I can say I’m vaccinated I can be sure [may be less likely to] I will not kill someone’s Granny

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Is the purpose social, or is it to render an essential servcice or medical emergency?
And how are you going to argue that point with the Don and his Goons?
All you can hope like hell for is that you are not called for an emergency, or, temporarily move to where your support may be required.