South Africa still struggling with massive driver's licence backlog

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
South Africa still struggling with massive driver's licence backlog

South Africa is still battling to deal with its massive driver’s licence backlog.

The Western Cape’s Department of Transport has warned that members of the public waiting for their driving licence cards are likely to experience delays in the issuing of these documents as the Driving Licence Card Account (DLCA) in Pretoria is still battling to address the backlog.

[BusinessTech]

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Luckily I got my temp license as well, so hope I get mine within 5 and a half months...

simonbee

the status of mine changed to Dear [Initials].[Surname] – your order card has been produced. Kindly wait for collection SMS over a month ago. I have however never received an sms regarding collection. I wonder if it's worth going into Randburg and seeing if I can collect it

stiller26

the status of mine changed to Dear [Initials].[Surname] – your order card has been produced. Kindly wait for collection SMS over a month ago. I have however never received an sms regarding collection. I wonder if it's worth going into Randburg and seeing if I can collect it

Go and check or even call them.
Mine was completed and collected within four weeks from the Randburg office.

justblazethe1st

I was at langlaagte the other day to pick up, after being told next month twice, anyway as i sit there i kept hearing , sorry your license was rejected, I was like hmmmm undercover dealings or something? nope i finally hear a guy ask and they said the fingerprint machine was giving issues and some fingerprints werent right so they had to go redo it and then wait again, i almost SH*T myself lol. anyway i got mine

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I need to go tomorrow, up date nearly due. But they should make renewal every 10 years instead of 5.

panayi

I got my "It's been produced" response about 4 weeks ago and never got the "go collect" SMS. Went to Edenvale on Monday and voila - it was there.
Only took 5 months.....October to March

Knyro

PhD in Everything
Issues with the system date back to July 2018 following four months of industrial action, which was then followed by damage to the interface between the card production facility and the National Traffic information system (NaTIS) after annual maintenance.

Ha! Even back in 2017 I waited a few months longer than they said it would take for a new card.

Electron1

Expert Member
Initially the response for 3 moths was no application. then we are processing, then no application recieved again.
Went to the licensing centre 3 weeks after the initial we are processing, waited 3 hours in a queue and they had the license waiting for me. Never recieved a message that they had recieved it at the centre.

Knyro

PhD in Everything
Initially the response for 3 moths was no application. then we are processing, then no application recieved again.
Went to the licensing centre 3 weeks after the initial we are processing, waited 3 hours in a queue and they had the license waiting for me. Never recieved a message that they had recieved it at the centre.

This is what I did. Tried my luck once or twice a month until I got it.

lordnokon

Got a notification today from the company I use to do my renewal, they need to reissue me a second temp license as they have no ETA.

Did my application in October 2018 already...

Masataka

How hard is it to efficiently print and laminate some cards?

Probably 10 overpaid managers and the most expensive paper in the world. BBEEE at its best.