South Africa stone last in Mathematics, Science education ranking

Most teachers don't know how to use a computer, so what do you expect?

Well done to the government. That takes a special kind of stupid to get that right.

There is a saying that "you can take a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink the water". The pupils would always need a proper motivation on learning more about a particular subject and that requires a positive learning environment IMO.

Not to be that guy but could we compare these figures to a few years ago? say before the ANC took control and dumbed down the entire country.

It hurts each time to read how crappy our education system is...feels like its getting crappier and crappier each time a report gets issued :(

The spin-off the ANC could make from this:

It should be noted that the ranking is not based on testing the performance of students, but rather on opinions of business leaders.

Most teachers don't know how to use a computer, so what do you expect?

And let's not forget how poorly they performed at their mathematics test

Last edited:
I think this is exactly the plan...

Dumbed down nation = Voters for ANC

Most teachers/schools don't have a computer, so what do you expect?

My school didn't have a single computer and we had no problems with maths or science. I would venture that is true for the every school until a few years ago. So what exactly is your point?

My school didn't have a single computer and we had no problems with maths or science. I would venture that is true for the every school until a few years ago. So what exactly is your point?

Yeah? And your not able to figure out my point based in the quote trail? Darn... What were you saying about your education?

Yeah? And your not able to figure out my point based in the quote trail? Darn... What were you saying about your education?

Your point? You seemed to favor the fact that lacking a pc contributes.
A few of us noted the same thing.

This is one of the reasons why I am studying Education - to teach Mathematics and Science... hopefully I will make a small difference.

Maybe everyone stop losing your wad and remember this is based purely on the perceptions of a few heads of industry. There's no way we have the 140th worse education system in the world. Just some very basic travel experience into the REAL THIRD world would expose that.

This type of perception and over critical self loathing is the luxury of someone who lives in a country where so much is at a first world level already to juxtapose against the crap.

You probably need to count down a list of hundreds of South African schools to find one what is as dismal as the best school in most third world countries. Silly "study" is silly.

There's nothing wrong with holding ourselves to a high standard.

My point still stands. Schools did not have computers. This did not hinder teachers or students in any way.

Now what was your point again?

Back