South Africa terrorist alert is from discredited businessman who is after money

Arthur

Honorary Master
Hohoho. I don't believe that for one second.

Both the US and UK governments have issued warnings. These do not happen without very extensive reviews by several tiers of management in the security apparatus.

They can only be acting on very real intelligence, checked, double-checked, and checked and double-checked again. And provably again. The politicians might be venal, but the intel and security guys aren't.

Someone is playing the SA media for a fool, and it's not the US and UK security agencies.

Last edited:

Ricard

Expert Member

Both the US and UK governments have issued warnings. These do not happen without very extensive reviews by several tiers of management in the security apparatus.

They can only be acting on very real intelligence, checked, double-checked, and checked and double-checked again. And provably again. The politicians might be venal, but the intel and security guys aren't.

Someone is playing the SA media for a fool, and it's not the US and UK security agencies.

LOL :D - Saddam has WMD's ! That was researched quite well -NOT-

elp

He did, actually. Well documented that he used chemical weapons against the Kurds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halabja_chemical_attack

Yes but by the time the Americans invaded it was all gone exactly like multiple UN weapons inspectors had told them.The only thing American intelligence is good for is industrial espionage to help their own politically connected get ahead.

The only terrorist masterminds they ever seem to find are the poor mentally unstable guys the FBI grooms to commit the crime. They had to lend the last guy $5 so he could go buy the bomb components so they could arrest him.

Ricard

Expert Member

Sheesh.. tough audience! but back on topic - Intelligence agencies are not known for their brain power nor accuracy. And when the USA/UK/Muppets make a statement about SA, many jump on the bandwagon. The USA cant spot terries on THEIR OWN SOIL! and now you believe them when they point to SA.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I highly doubt this though, when the original warnings were released it was not just SA. It was a global threat during Ramadan.
So it's not logical or likely that it just came from one person in SA.
This just sounds like the SA intelligence agency trying to save face.

konfab

Honorary Master
I highly doubt this though, when the original warnings were released it was not just SA. It was a global threat during Ramadan.
So it's not logical or likely that it just came from one person in SA.
This just sounds like the SA intelligence agency trying to save face.

It is in line with the SABC's policy of not reporting government protests.

BlindMelonChitlin

Expert Member
Sheesh.. tough audience! but back on topic - Intelligence agencies are not known for their brain power nor accuracy. And when the USA/UK/Muppets make a statement about SA, many jump on the bandwagon. The USA cant spot terries on THEIR OWN SOIL! and now you believe them when they point to SA.

Yoh, a bunch of armchair critics in here.
How do you guys think this kind of intel works? Do you honestly think it gets sucked out of thin air?
I'm sitting in Afghanistan right now and we get daily reports from a team of South Africans and Americans who update us on potential threats. Most threats don't escalate to events, but if you don't treat them with the attention they deserve, you get what happened in Paris and Brussels. It's your choice.

bandooq

Expert Member
Yoh, a bunch of armchair critics in here.
How do you guys think this kind of intel works? Do you honestly think it gets sucked out of thin air?
I'm sitting in Afghanistan right now and we get daily reports from a team of South Africans and Americans who update us on potential threats. Most threats don't escalate to events, but if you don't treat them with the attention they deserve, you get what happened in Paris and Brussels. It's your choice.

What are you doing all the way over there?

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot

Like someone shouting shark at the beach.
Just say the T work and the Americans and UK tend to get a tiny bit irrational.

SweetFennyAdams

Expert Member

Ah yes just like they did when they proclaimed Iraq had WMD's.

Xarog

Honorary Master