South Africa to Broaden Vaccine Rollout With Pfizer Doses Monday

cr@zydude

Executive Member
I got below mail from discovery

Someone help me with Discovery's maths?

They say 31 million Pfizer and 31 million Johnson & Johnson vaccines cover 42 million people.

By my count it 31 million people get Johnson & Johnson and 15.5 million people get Pfizer (2 shots each) for 46.5 million covered.

Am I missing something?

Reactions: 3WA

daveza

Honorary Master

The World Health Organisation (WHO) said the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 mRNA vaccine is safe and effective, with an efficacy of 95% based on data from an ongoing large-scale clinical trial.

It is a two-dose vaccine where shots should be taken two weeks apart.

Mkhize said last night on tv - 6 weeks apart !?

system32

Expert Member
The government will start a mass vaccination effort at 87 sites across the country
87 sites ain't gonna cut it.

Let every hospital, every private doctor, every clicks, every dis-chem, every pharmacy, vet, drug dealer, etc administer the vaccines.

87 sites ain't gonna cut it.

Let every hospital, every private doctor, every clicks, every dis-chem, every pharmacy, vet, drug dealer, etc administer the vaccines.
They are intending to open up more sites very soon. Many more sites should come online within the next week or so, with further increases as our vaccine supply increases.

Elon

I think it's a category definition thing. A cleaner working in a hospital is classified as a health-care worker. If you add all those occupations, plus old-age homes, the numbers get big.
Correct. A friend who works in the radiology department got his vaccine a while ago and told me that everyone who works at the hospital, cleaners to CEO, is considered a healthcare worker as far as vaccinations go.

MirageF1

Executive Member
Yes , if and only if
1.more than a mere handful of vaccines finally arrive on these shores and
2.are distributed efficiently and properly.

To the entire Guava crop : Good luck with that!

system32

Expert Member
Correct. A friend who works in the radiology department got his vaccine a while ago and told me that everyone who works at the hospital, cleaners to CEO, is considered a healthcare worker as far as vaccinations go.
Correct, my wife's private practice including cleaning staff all got vaccinated.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
A shockingly high number of MyBB'ers indicated that they aren't interested in registering for a vaccine:

If the general population shares those sentiments, we don't need to buy vaccines to cover 50 million people.
No need to rush out and apply an online check of forumites to the general population. Most don't frequent this site.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
No need to rush out and apply an online check of forumites to the general population. Most don't frequent this site.
I run across way more crazies in the real world than I do on MyBB. I'd expect the number of anti-vaxxers to be much higher in the general population.

Oldfut

I have registered and got an sms back but expect fork oil in any time frame not measured in years. Biggest threat to my health is if something happens sooner; I could succumb to shock. Tsek ANC; corrupt and incompetent; in Dischem and Clicks we will have to trust..

surface

Honorary Master
I run across way more crazies in the real world than I do on MyBB. I'd expect the number of anti-vaxxers to be much higher in the general population.
I swear I do not personally know of a single person who is a anti-vaxxer. I must reexamine my circle of friends as I don't seem to be living in exciting circles.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
It is pretty pathetic, the UK is only about 20% the size of RSA yet has around 3500 vaccination sites.
First World Country with a plan vs. Corrupt World Country where the plan is only to steal.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
I swear I do not personally know of a single person who is a anti-vaxxer. I must reexamine my circle of friends as I don't seem to be living in exciting circles.
Maybe you don't, but the next person does. I don't know of a single person who is a Jehovah's Witness but they're out there (also none of my friends)...same analogy.