South Africa to Broaden Vaccine Rollout With Pfizer Doses Monday

surface

Honorary Master
I was passing close to one vax centre and boy, it is a busy place now. It wasn't like that when only 60+ was open and now it seems the relatively youngsters are joining in happily. :ROFL:

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
the moment you have to qualify to that extent you have lost the plot (not you specifically, but the ones who are pushing the narrative)

the original fantastical figures may have come with all those provisos, but none of them were widely reported, just the figures themselves for the most part

it is only fair then to take the significantly worse figures without qualification as well, it is still wrong, but ethically more correct in that it keeps the error consistent, you can't invite error when it suits your narrative and reject error when it doesn't
I think you are missing the point. Vaccine manufacturers quote all this data in their studies. It's the media that chooses to create very misleading headlines from a small part of the data.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
I think you are missing the point. Vaccine manufacturers quote all this data in their studies. It's the media that chooses to create very misleading headlines from a small part of the data.
no that's exactly right and my point as well, when the media feeds everyone the narrative there is no space for critical thought, you immediately become a conspiracy theorist

questioning whether taking a vaccine with no long term data to reduce a 2% chance of dying is worth it for everyone regardless of their personal health circumstances is as normal as the sun rising each day to me ... but now it is the stuff of conspiracy theories and anti-vaxxers .. wtaf?!?

cr@zydude

Executive Member
180 980 new vaccinations were reported yesterday. The 7 day average declined to 121 760.

geezer

Expert Member
180 980 new vaccinations were reported yesterday. The 7 day average declined to 121 760.
My wife and I counted among that figure.... We arrived at the vaccination site at about 12:40 and was done and dusted at 14:30, so less than two hours. They were pretty well organized at the site.

zoozi

Expert Member
one for the "Pfizer > any other vaccine" crowd ...
Well isn't that still true? If Pfizer dropped to 64%, what is J&J/AZ then?

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Well isn't that still true? If Pfizer dropped to 64%, what is J&J/AZ then?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

they all had different research methods and trials running in different populations and what-not, I doubt one turning out to be less effective than advertised has any bearing on the effectiveness of the others

suspect it is more a case of: who cooked the numbers the most and would we ever even know?

Drifter

Honorary Master
We got our Pfizer shots on Tuesday. Side effects are a pain. My shoulder ached like crazy for two days, my wifes whole arm. Coupled with headaches and feeling dog tired all the time. All worn off now and feeling fine.

surface

Honorary Master
Based on our townhouse whatsapp group, sites are open today and huge queues by the looks of it.

surface

Honorary Master
We got our Pfizer shots on Tuesday. Side effects are a pain. My shoulder ached like crazy for two days, my wifes whole arm. Coupled with headaches and feeling dog tired all the time. All worn off now and feeling fine.
I hardly felt any side effect except maybe a bit tiredness the following evening but then prior to vaccine, I haven't been sleeping well for almost 2 weeks so can't say it is only because of vaccine. I was advised (by doc in family) to be more active than usual - like do gardening and stuff around house to make arm movements etc and I was fine following that advise.

p.s. I was a bit worried about side effects prior to vax because of high BP. On chronic meds.

radicool

Based on our townhouse whatsapp group, sites are open today and huge queues by the looks of it.

Does anybody know which sites are open on weekends and might take walk-ins?

Are the Clicks sites the actual stores (compared to Dischem sites which seem to be special vaccination sites they have set up)?

I had a booking at Life Flora for 9AM Monday, but they have apparently run out of stock and won't open next week. So now I need to start over again with figuring out where and when to go!