South Africa to Broaden Vaccine Rollout With Pfizer Doses Monday

cr@zydude

Executive Member
18 683 new vaccinations were reported yesterday. The 7 day average increased to 122 614.

L-Dog

Expert Member
Anyone here had the vaccine ? Curious if you can choice which vaccine you get and which place has the shortest queues ?

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Anyone here had the vaccine ? Curious if you can choice which vaccine you get and which place has the shortest queues ?
You don't have a choice. Pfizer is all there is, which is good because it's the best one against Delta. I don't qualify yet but my Mom has had both Pfizer shots. 15 min in and out at Clicks both times.

Priapus

Executive Member
You don't have a choice. Pfizer is all there is, which is good because it's the best one against Delta. I don't qualify yet but my Mom has had both Pfizer shots. 15 min in and out at Clicks both times.

Hoping they open it up to under 25's , soon.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Hoping they open it up to under 25's , soon.
Considering how most vaccine sites are fairly quiet currently, I'd be surprised if the next phase isn't open to anyone of an age approved by Pfizer/BioNTech (kids might not qualify).

SlowInternet

Executive Member
Friend of mine went for his vaccination today but was told he had to wait 90 days because he had Covid a few weeks ago.

Tjoker

Expert Member
Friend of mine went for his vaccination today but was told he had to wait 90 days because he had Covid a few weeks ago.
Discovery website shows 30 days....

SlowInternet

Executive Member

cr@zydude

Executive Member
233 097 new vaccinations were reported yesterday, that's the 2nd highest number on record, and the 2nd time that we have broken 200 000 in a day. I have to believe that a lot of that is adding in shots from the previous week which were not properly reported due to the chaos.

What really matters is that the 7 day average increased to 133 888, a new record high.

Daveogg

Expert Member
questioning whether taking a vaccine with no long term data to reduce a 2% chance of dying is worth it for everyone regardless of their personal health circumstances is as normal as the sun rising each day to me ... but now it is the stuff of conspiracy theories and anti-vaxxers .. wtaf?!?
I am amazed at how glibbly people seem to accept a 2% chance of dying. I think it's a mental heuristic which equates a small number with zero.
Let's put it a different way. I have a revolver with 50 chambers and a bullet in one.
You must choose to play Russian roulette with the gun or take the vaccine. Which do you do?

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
I am amazed at how glibbly people seem to accept a 2% chance of dying. I think it's a mental heuristic which equates a small number with zero.
Let's put it a different way. I have a revolver with 50 chambers and a bullet in one.
You must choose to play Russian roulette with the gun or take the vaccine. Which do you do?
how do you feel about 0.04% chance of dying (and rising as the numbers come in) then?

because that is officially the US odds being shown of the vaccine itself killing you, glib about that?

or how about the official UK figures showing the Delta variant only has a 0.2% chance of killing you ... which really is the same as regular flu, you feel a desperate need to reduce that and introduce an unknown 0.04% chance of death by taking vaccines with no long term data?

to use your analogy though, you can play Russian roulette with a 50 chamber revolver, or you get a black box with a trigger to pull next to your head with the promise that it's safer ... which trigger do you pull?

Suspect99

Executive Member
how do you feel about 0.04% chance of dying (and rising as the numbers come in) then?

because that is officially the US odds being shown of the vaccine itself killing you, glib about that?

or how about the official UK figures showing the Delta variant only has a 0.2% chance of killing you ... which really is the same as regular flu, you feel a desperate need to reduce that and introduce an unknown 0.04% chance of death by taking vaccines with no long term data?

to use your analogy though, you can play Russian roulette with a 50 chamber revolver, or you get a black box with a trigger to pull next to your head with the promise that it's safer ... which trigger do you pull?
Aren't the UK figures after vaccination?