South Africa to Broaden Vaccine Rollout With Pfizer Doses Monday

R13...

Honorary Master
It is pretty pathetic, the UK is only about 20% the size of RSA yet has around 3500 vaccination sites.
Being smaller and with 1000+% the infrastructure makes the comparison meaningless.

shotalot

We seriously need to start giving out vaccines faster if they are going to give any significant changes.

surface

Honorary Master
Maybe you don't, but the next person does. I don't know of a single person who is a Jehovah's Witness but they're out there (also none of my friends)...same analogy.
This is why I come here. Thank you my friend.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
87 sites ain't gonna cut it.

Let every hospital, every private doctor, every clicks, every dis-chem, every pharmacy, vet, drug dealer, etc administer the vaccines.
Bugger that. Self administer. But make sure you buy your vax at the traffic light.

Reactions: 3WA

c3n0byt3

I know of two over 60 people in Dbn that got it yesterday (17/05/2021).
They got an sms to go to some random pharmacy near them.
The line was longer than expected though.

air

Expert Member
is there a site to view daily numbers for peeps that were vaccinated?

zolly

Expert Member
Came thru at 22h00 last night,

My parents also got their SMS' last night. Both got their first Pfizer shot this morning. Once they have their second shot they'll be good to get on a plane and come visit us, or at very least, if my family flies up to them, we'll be less risk to them (but some in my family have co-morbidities, so they'll probably fly to us).

Dave

Honorary Master
That was the clinical trial phase.

Not according to the article.

This was rollout #2, after the shambles that was the first rollout with the AZ vaccine.

South Africa has started Covid-19 vaccinations following the suspension of an earlier plan to use the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine.

More than a third of all Covid-19 cases in Africa have been in South Africa, with a new variant of the virus accounting for most of the new cases there.

What vaccines is South Africa using?

South Africa is using the Johnson & Johnson vaccine which is administered as a single dose.

The country has received 80,000 doses of this vaccine, which has been shown to be effective against the variant first identified in South Africa.

President Cyril Ramaphosa says the country has secured nine million doses in total, and more doses are expected.