South Africa to Broaden Vaccine Rollout With Pfizer Doses Monday

Priapus

Executive Member

Elon

A dozen new vaccination sites opened up in my area recently, but they all ran out of vaccines… here, supply seems to be the bottleneck.

Currantly

Expert Member
Can anyone tell me why we have to wait 42 days for the second dose where overseas they only wait 21 days?

Currantly

Expert Member
Help me understand here. What’s COVAX?

COVID-19 Vaccines Global Access, abbreviated as COVAX, is a worldwide initiative aimed at equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines directed by Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance, the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations, and the World Health Organization.

genetic

Honorary Master
Max is 42 days. You should be allowed to get the second does after 21 days as far as I understand it.

Nope. The nurse told me on Wednesday they will not administer the 2nd dose until 6 weeks has passed.

Elon

Think it works better after 42 days than 21, so don't push it too hard!
(Israel regretting the 21 days now)
Correct, also it allows more of a spread for the available vaccination shots meaning at least some degree of protection for more people, sooner.

surface

Honorary Master
Organisation making sure less erm fortunate countries get some vaccination doses.
I always google before asking "who? what? " about unknown terms so I don't get why people don't do such. I am sure most do it but maybe not. Perhaps he wanted George to explain his viewpoint. :unsure:

Priapus

Executive Member
I always google before asking "who? what? " about unknown terms so I don't get why people don't do such. I am sure most do it but maybe not. Perhaps he wanted George to explain his viewpoint. :unsure:

Sometimes, it's nice to have information available in the thread for the other readers. So my post had two objectives; add more information to the thread to save other people time and for myself.

Sorry if that annoyed you.

surface

Honorary Master
Sometimes, it's nice to have information available in the thread for the other readers. So my post had two objectives; add more information to the thread to save other people time and for myself.

Sorry if that annoyed you.
No, it didn't annoy me because I don't know you personally. Hence I put a :unsure: because I don't know what your intention was. And now I know. :thumbsup:

krycor

Honorary Master
Certinally good progress. We should see 300k a day by mid August.

That’s impressive.. I’m not a pessimist but I wasn’t thinking they’d get there so soon.. figured they’d get stuck at 250k or there about.

Still.. remember this is the easier numbers, it’s gets harder to get to and maintain as moving outside of cities. Mobile clinics are gonna be stretched.

I’m gonna love playing the millions of recordings of politicians claiming SA will never get to heard immunity. I suspect some opposition leaders will step down from embarrassment.. but that’s in a democracy. In SA it’s fine if you not the governing party hey.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
27 053 new vaccinations were reported yesterday. The 7 day average is now 184 196, another new record high.

surface

Honorary Master
I’m gonna love playing the millions of recordings of politicians claiming SA will never get to heard immunity. I suspect some opposition leaders will step down from embarrassment.. but that’s in a democracy. In SA it’s fine if you not the governing party hey.
millions of recordings? Hyperbole perhaps but maybe cite a couple of examples?