South Africa to Broaden Vaccine Rollout With Pfizer Doses Monday

cr@zydude

Executive Member
13 786 new vaccinations were reported yesterday. The 7 day average increased to
114 095.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Good luck, let me know what happens.

No issue with specific appointments, but the queues vary from day to day. This morning is warm and sunny, so I don't mind sitting outside while waiting. Estimated time is about an hour. Seems a lot calmer than my first time, which was the day the 50+ group opened up!

Edit: Way faster than I expected, 35 mins from sitting in the sun to vaccine. Just 15 mins more to wait. Pinelands site has many more stations to cater for peak demand, but nowhere near capacity today.

Last edited:

MirageF1

Executive Member
No issue with specific appointments, but the queues vary from day to day. This morning is warm and sunny, so I don't mind sitting outside while waiting. Estimated time is about an hour. Seems a lot calmer than my first time, which was the day the 50+ group opened up!

Edit: Way faster than I expected, 35 mins from sitting in the sun to vaccine. Just 15 mins more to wait. Pinelands site has many more stations to cater for peak demand, but nowhere near capacity today.
Thanks for the update. Was far quicker than I expected last time, slightly more than an hour from arriving till we left(we were told they were waiting for vaccines to be removed from refrigerator, as they only take them out on demand as they cannot be re-refrigerated once removed from cold storage). Only a handful of folk waiting to get vaccinated, literally.

I'm sure tomorrow will be no different(hopefully).

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Thanks for the update. Was far quicker than I expected last time, slightly more than an hour from arriving till we left(we were told they were waiting for vaccines to be removed from refrigerator, as they only take them out on demand as they cannot be re-refrigerated once removed from cold storage). Only a handful of folk waiting to get vaccinated, literally.

I'm sure tomorrow will be no different(hopefully).

Mismatch between supply and logistics, or lack of demand (as discussed in other threads) seems to be a real issue for the rollout. Today the majority of people were 50+, and that site is not convenient for public transport.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Wife went to get her 1st Pfizer this morning 11am at a Discovery Centurion site. She was in and out within 15mins and said it was a really pleasant experience. No queues, no waiting with quick and safe service. 10/10 for all the health workers out there!

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
I really wonder if majority of people understand or have even heard of the registration process. My inlaws had no clue how to register and my domestic worker also.

If you are not on twitter or facebook, I wonder how you will ever be informed enough to know how to register.

MirageF1

Executive Member
Mismatch between supply and logistics, or lack of demand (as discussed in other threads) seems to be a real issue for the rollout.
And public apathy/fear/miscomprehension... on top of rural or semi rural population nowhere near a vaccine site that is easily accessible by any of form of public transport.
I do feel for them....at least those that would like to get vaccinated but cannot.
...., and that site is not convenient for public transport.
I think the major metropolitan areas are a lot better set up than many other parts of the country...

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
And public apathy/fear/miscomprehension... on top of rural or semi rural population nowhere near a vaccine site that is easily accessible by any of form of public transport.
I do feel for them....at least those that would like to get vaccinated but cannot.

I think the major metropolitan areas are a lot better set up than many other parts of the country...

Refer to this new thread: https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/thr...lts-in-the-next-week-health-minister.1150310/

Opening up to younger ages will increase the numbers, but do nothing to fix logistics.

MirageF1

Executive Member

The_MAC

Executive Member
Apologies if this has been confirmed, but can foreigners get the jab? They have work permits and passports.

Would like to take my Domestic and Garden Technician for theirs.

surface

Honorary Master
Apologies if this has been confirmed, but can foreigners get the jab? They have work permits and passports.

Would like to take my Domestic and Garden Technician for theirs.
yes. Most of our gardeners in the complex are from Zimbabwe - they all got vaccinated.

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
Unfortunately my area have no places to book an appointment for, well it has a place for appointments, but I am not getting the option to book there via the Discovery app. Then the queues are too long for me at the walk-in places, not only for me, there are others like me that wont go stand all day in a queue. With the younger age group opening up it looks like I will not be able to get vaxed any time soon. I am done driving aound looking for a place.

argh

I really wonder if majority of people understand or have even heard of the registration process. My inlaws had no clue how to register and my domestic worker also.

If you are not on twitter or facebook, I wonder how you will ever be informed enough to know how to register.

Ways to register for Covid-19 Vaccines & get an appointment:
  • https://vaccine.enroll.health.gov.za/ or https://sacoronavirus.co.za
  • Use USSD on any cellphone: Dial *134*832#, or *134*832*ID no#, follow prompts.
  • Whatsapp (the word) Register to 0600 123 456. Follow prompts.
  • Phone Covid-19 toll free helpline: 0800-029-999, choose option 2. Operates 8am-6pm all days, ask them to register or re-register you, and give or send you an appointment.