South Africa to Broaden Vaccine Rollout With Pfizer Doses Monday

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Good to see CoCT being proactive:

That's good to hear, but another naive politician talking about 'population immunity'.
Plato said vaccination uptake remains a concern as they work towards population immunity.

Little-Mermaid

That's good to hear, but another naive politician talking about 'population immunity'.
It's so sad at this point. These people make decisions that affect thousands/millions and they can't even get the basics right.

Then there is also the problem that such easily provable claims are false, creates distrust and before you know it more people start believing in these grand conspiracies to get everyone vaccinated because 5G and micro chips.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
And public apathy/fear/miscomprehension... on top of rural or semi rural population nowhere near a vaccine site that is easily accessible by any of form of public transport.
I do feel for them....at least those that would like to get vaccinated but cannot.

I think the major metropolitan areas are a lot better set up than many other parts of the country...
I don't know about that. My cousin on the farm in the Hanover district just loaded up a bakkie full of farmworkers and travelled to de Aar, got their vaccinations and back to the farm. Repeated the trip 3 times and that was the whole farm sorted. And they repeated the process last week.

MirageF1

Executive Member
I don't know about that. My cousin on the farm in the Hanover district just loaded up a bakkie full of farmworkers and travelled to de Aar, got their vaccinations and back to the farm. Repeated the trip 3 times and that was the whole farm sorted. And they repeated the process last week.
Well good on him for the effort and goodwill! I doubt everyone out in the bundus is in the same fortunate position...

blaine666

Anybody managed to get a vaccine "pass/certificate" with QR code as proof of vaccination and not just the normal card after two doses?

jun_tao

Expert Member
Anybody managed to get a vaccine "pass/certificate" with QR code as proof of vaccination and not just the normal card after two doses?
I don't think SA has that capability yet.

Interestingly my sister was here long enough to get her first jab here. Goes back to the UK and tries to get her second jab, gives them the card, and they its not enough proof to say she's had the first one. They still give her the jab though. Gets her QR code 24 hours later. So technically she's had two shots, but the QR code says only one.

blaine666

I don't think SA has that capability yet.

Interestingly my sister was here long enough to get her first jab here. Goes back to the UK and tries to get her second jab, gives them the card, and they its not enough proof to say she's had the first one. They still give her the jab though. Gets her QR code 24 hours later. So technically she's had two shots, but the QR code says only one.

"Please note the digital certificate available through Discovery is not yet valid for international travel. Regards."

"The National Department of Health advises that for visa and travel purposes, South Africans can present the vaccination card they received after they completed their vaccination. Most embassies are accepting a copy of this card provided that all required doses have been completed, and 14 days have passed since the second dose (for those who have received the Pfizer vaccine). It is recommended that you consult with the appropriate travel agencies to provide you with the most updated, country specific requirements as travel rules and regulations are changing regularly. Regards."

Got this response from Discovery.