South Africa to Broaden Vaccine Rollout With Pfizer Doses Monday

cr@zydude

Executive Member

mojoman

Expert Member

R13...

Honorary Master
This bloody country subsists off handouts. They don't plan and then expect the First World to dig them out of their hole.
Come off it. SA had planned to purchase all the vaccines needed to reach most of the population. The donations are a nice addition, more so as they are vaccines that can be shipped over right away.

The likes of America were hoarding vaccines anyway so that stock would have just ended up destroyed.

Nereus77

We are cooking now:

287 704 new vaccinations were reported yesterday, which I am calling a new daily record.

The 7 day average increased to 200 243, which is a new record.

https://sacoronavirus.co.za/2021/08/25/update-on-covid-19-wednesday-25-august-2021/

I got my first shot yesterday, not sure if I'm included in that total or not though, as I was only vaccinated around 16:30 and the data cut off is 17:00.
Got my first shot of Pfizer yesterday. Went to Clicks Pharmacy during lunch, waited for all of one person, got me jab :)

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
So if the US donated more than 7 million extra Pfizer, who will be getting those shots, since we already have enough stock for all over 18's?

At this rate, we need millions more arms, not more vaccines.

Priapus

Executive Member
Got my first shot of Pfizer yesterday. Went to Clicks Pharmacy during lunch, waited for all of one person, got me jab :)

Think I'll go tomorrow. Just need to find a near by location. Don't fancy going all the way to Fourways as Discovery suggested.

R13...

Honorary Master
211k a day average is on the right track.
Hopefully it stays that way. Problem is that all the eager beavers vaccinate in the first few days and then you hit a wall of hesitants then real anti-vaxxers. The latter will not vaccinate, you just have to hope there aren't too many of them.

Priapus

Executive Member
Hopefully it stays that way. Problem is that all the eager beavers vaccinate in the first few days and then you hit a wall of hesitants then real anti-vaxxers. The latter will not vaccinate, you just have to hope there aren't too many of them.

Fair point.

JohnMao

Executive Member
You're... upset that we are being donated more vaccines to assist... instead of paying for them?

Alrighty, then.
No, you're missing the point completely. They so-called provisioned money for the procurement of vaccines...yet they're begging for handouts. So what happened to that money? PS: Stolen.

Priapus

Executive Member
No, you're missing the point completely. They so-called provisioned money for the procurement of vaccines...yet they're begging for handouts. So what happened to that money? PS: Stolen.

Who said they are begging for handouts?

Edit: And its not a mutuality exclusive thing. Just because we are getting donations doesn't me we are not buying the vaccines we planned to.

Having a bad morning are you?

Last edited: