South Africa to Broaden Vaccine Rollout With Pfizer Doses Monday

surface

Honorary Master
People are complacent now; no need to get the jab now because no sense of urgency.
I am on mailing list of a tennis & kayaking club/association. Recent club photos posted show hardly any adherence to masks either despite being very close to each other. I know a couple that are staunchly religious and not pro-vax and I am sure there are many.

We often criticize taxi population but this issue is across the board. /shrugs

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
The Western Cape and the Free State become the first two provinces to reach 50% of the population with at least a single dose:

View attachment 1206356

Sceptic alert. Remind me again: What protection does a single dose provide against the Delta (or Omicron) variant, and for how long?

As I commented yesterday, I am much more interested in the proportion of over 35s and over 50s than the population as a whole, since those are the highest risk categories. It has become abundantly clear that vaccinating everyone is a somewhat pointless activity.

kalongbat

What was that huge spike in the middle of the week of over 300k jabs? An error or Omicron panic?

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
What was that huge spike in the middle of the week of over 300k jabs? An error or Omicron panic?

There has been an uptake, but it is difficult to disentangle who got what and when from the official figures, since the J&J 2nd dose for healthcare workers are included in the overall vaccination statistics.

R13...

Honorary Master
I see some of our enterprising criminal element robbed two vaccination stations recently. At gunpoint. Took cellphones and tablets.