South Africa to Broaden Vaccine Rollout With Pfizer Doses Monday

Bonywasawarrioraway

Expert Member
By my calculations, 40 406 people were vaccinated on Monday and Tuesday combined.

Of those 40 406, 39 371 received the Pfizer vaccine and 1 035 received Johnson & Johnson. I'm not sure if the J&J ones are late reporting from the trial which ended last week.

https://sacoronavirus.co.za/2021/05/16/update-on-covid-19-16th-may-2021/
A that rate it will take a mere 3 to 4 years to vaccinate the population. My sister's hospital near Sacramento California has been Vaccinating 1000 per day for months now. Thats ONE vaccination point.

I'm expecting rates to pick up as the week goes on. SA doesn't have 50 million vaccines to give out at the moment though.
Yup. People also forget only 87 sites are open across the country (hundreds more will open soon). Our supply of Pfizer alone will double in June.

daveza

Honorary Master

Faced with limited vaccine supplies, Health Minister, Zweli Mkhize says they might delay the second dose of Pfizer vaccine by up to three months, compared to the approved schedule of two doses three weeks apart.

You had one job ...

Milion

My mum got vaccinated today. She is a member of a Day Care Center, and they sent a message yesterday informing that they had started vaccinations. Took her there at 8 this morning, 2 nurses from the local hospital arrived at 10am, administered 50 doses, and left at 12. Everyone else that was waiting was sent away. They gave her a card to come back for the 2nd dose on the 9th of June.

Mercury12

Expert Member
My mum got vaccinated today. She is a member of a Day Care Center, and they sent a message yesterday informing that they had started vaccinations. Took her there at 8 this morning, 2 nurses from the local hospital arrived at 10am, administered 50 doses, and left at 12. Everyone else that was waiting was sent away. They gave her a card to come back for the 2nd dose on the 9th of June.

Wow, thats ridiculous. Where was this?

Milion

Wow, thats ridiculous. Where was this?
In Verulam, Kzn. The Center has organized with the local hospital to vaccinate all the members. There are about 1000 members, but they are doing only around 50 people per day. Took my mum and a few of her friends, had to wait a couple of hours for the nurses to arrive but was quick once they started.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Could people post some details about people who have been vaccinated?

When was the person signed up?
Online sign up or in person?
Age of recipient.
Town where shot was given.

I'm trying to see how people are selected.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Could people post some details about people who have been vaccinated?

When was the person signed up?
Online sign up or in person?
Age of recipient.
Town where shot was given.

I'm trying to see how people are selected.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
By my calculations, 40 406 people were vaccinated on Monday and Tuesday combined.

Of those 40 406, 39 371 received the Pfizer vaccine and 1 035 received Johnson & Johnson. I'm not sure if the J&J ones are late reporting from the trial which ended last week.

39 031 people were vaccinated yesterday, so the rate is increasing.

cr@zydude

Executive Member

Thanks for this. I guess a huge amount of people from PE registered on the first weekend, as my grandparents still haven't received their smses.

Milion

I helped register a few of my relatives an hour after the online portal went live and they received the messages yesterday evening for an appointment today. This is in Durban.