South Africa to get new business-specific plans – with heavy focus on transformation: minister

Nod

Executive Member
Education is useless without entry level posts. There are a lot of graduates sitting at home with degrees who can do the work. They also have no capital to start their own businesses either. Growth is the only answer.
Focus should have been given to pre-school, primary school and high school.
Tertiary would have followed naturally after a proper foundation have been given.
You can't place people into Uni if they can't read for comprehension.

It should be much easier to create jobs. The red tape is simply too restrictive and discourage many to even start.

KSM93

Focus should have been given to pre-school, primary school and high school.
Tertiary would have followed naturally after a proper foundation have been given.
You can't place people into Uni if they can't read for comprehension.

It should be much easier to create jobs. The red tape is simply too restrictive and discourage many to even start.
Again with this education fallacy. Education doesn't create jobs, Industrial policy and promoting capital formation does.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Again with this education fallacy. Education doesn't create jobs, Industrial policy and promoting capital formation does.

They go hand in hand though...

You need the educational foundation to sustain economic growth into the future.

rvZA

Executive Member

Sending an uneducated through pre-primary, primary, high school and university kills businesses. A degree does not mean you have an education. It starts with mother tongue education in pre-primary.

ToxicBunny

I don't deny education is important, but it complements economic growth.

I would see it differently, it is foundational to economic growth...

You can generate short term economic growth via other methods but to sustain long term economic growth you absolutely need a decent education foundation in the country.

KSM93

Sending an uneducated through pre-primary, primary, high school and university kills businesses. A degree does not mean you have an education. It starts with mother tongue education in pre-primary.
Education primary purpose is literacy and numeracy. Corruption and lack of innovation kills businesses, I know the work space there are guidelines and policies that guide employees on correct procedures it is not rocket science. I'm not saying education is useless but it is a pillar not the foundation.

KSM93

I would see it differently, it is foundational to economic growth...

You can generate short term economic growth via other methods but to sustain long term economic growth you absolutely need a decent education foundation in the country.
No. It is a pillar, what you need is good governance and good private public partnerships. Countries are producing more graduates than ever and the world's economies are stagnant and graduates are underemployed all over the world.

lotus123

And in a related article, South Africa's wealthy (and presumably well-informed) are fscking off in droves? Coincidence?

ToxicBunny

No. It is a pillar, what you need is good governance and good private public partnerships. Countries are producing more graduates than ever and the world's economies are stagnant and graduates are underemployed all over the world.

You are focusing on graduates... I am focusing on foundational education. Tertiary education is something that is a pillar yes. Basic and secondary education is foundational.

Stokstert

Executive Member
These announcements will get more and more the nearer we get to the elections.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
Just more racist policies from ANC government. Old RamaRacist did say that 2021 is going to be a banger for BEE/AA in SA.

They can't even get companies to invest in SA... so lets stack force blacks into everything.