South Africa to move to COVID-19 level 1 lockdown

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member

South Africa to move to COVID-19 level 1 lockdown

President Cyril Ramaphosa has announced that lockdown restrictions in South Africa will be relaxed, with the country moving to COVID-19 alert level 1.

In a national address on Sunday 28 February, Ramaphosa announced that the lockdown level of the country will be reduced in line with the decline in COVID-19 cases.

Ramaphosa said the country has now clearly emerged from the second wave of COVID-19.

Skankhunt

Expert Member
Please home affairs open up for passport renewals.. my green mamba expires in May.

Mila

Honorary Master
Back to work for everyone? Or will people still work from home?
I really liked not waking up at 4 am

R13...

Honorary Master
Still trying to figure out the curfew? I mean it's nonsensical.
Well, people have said it makes more of a difference on Polo accidents than alcohol ban or should at least smooth the effect out. So, let's see if it makes a difference now that it's all you can drink at the Polo driver gatherings.

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Still doesnt say a thing about home affairs, my brother has been waiting forever for an appointment with a immigrations officer for him & his wife to be to interviewed ( shes from the states) . Apparently its a requirement for a marriage when the one is not a local person

RandomGeek

Expert Member
Please home affairs open up for passport renewals.. my green mamba expires in May.
Shame...Home Affairs workers will be dreading going back to work now. Getting paid while many sit at home...

Edit - expect considerable backlogs...sorry guys

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
Haven't been keeping up with the air travel rules, I know the airports are open but are they allowing sa passports to fly out on international flights (ignoring destination and airline requirements)? Seem to recall under level 3 the airports were open but only allowed for receiving international repatriation flights and general domestic flights.

deepthought

Haven't been keeping up with the air travel rules, I know the airports are open but are they allowing sa passports to fly out on international flights (ignoring destination and airline requirements)? Seem to recall under level 3 the airports were open but only allowed for receiving international repatriation flights and general domestic flights.
Yes, as long as airlines (the limited no flying now) are satisfied that you have the correct documentation for destination country.

John Tempus

Executive Member
Jesus fking christ. Still curfew ??

Can you please let us just grow up and live our fking lives ANC shtheads, god damnit.

I have this strong feeling that they will never let go of this curfew because the moment the curfew is removed they will not have much of an argument to keep extending the BS state of emergency each month.

Excalibur

Executive Member
Jesus fking christ. Still curfew ??

Can you please let us just grow up and live our fking lives ANC shtheads, god damnit.

I have this strong feeling that they will never let go of this curfew because the moment the curfew is removed they will not have much of an argument to keep extending the BS state of emergency each month.
Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma and her team know what they are doing, let's just comply.

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma and her team know what they are doing, let's just comply.
tenor.gif