South Africa tour of India, 2019

Goosfrabba

Expert Member
Dean might be a dog of batsman to watch but geez he always grinds out the runs when we need him

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Excellent stuff! The pitch is deteriorating fast so batting on day 5 will be a nightmare, but for now, the boys can be very satisfied with their day's work.

ZCFOutkast

Expert Member
How to go into a Test match in India looking to win it:
Elgar, Faf(c), QdK, Bavuma, Markram, Klaasen(wk), Muthusamy, Philander, Maharaj, Rabada, Ngidi

How to go into a Test match in India looking to lose dignifiedly or draw if weather cooperates:
Elgar, Markram, TdB, Bavuma, Faf(c), QdK(wk), Muthusamy, Philander, Maharaj, Piedt, Rabada

The Proteas have become Pulis' Stoke right before our eyes and we're proud!

That's not what India did when they came to SA, even when Faf turned thug with his groundsmen..

Attitudes and approach count for a lot. The Proteas batsmen should be planting serious doubts about Jadeja and Shami, or retiring the aging but handy Ashwin and Ishant. Not cowering behind nightwatchmen, batting positions and extra spinners.

This for me is the weakest India Test attack for many years. In that XI, and on their wickets, I don't believe India have a fit seamer better than Rabada, or a fit spinner better than Maharaj. Elgar, Faf and QdK match Rohit, Pujara and Kohli, with the rest of the Proteas batsmen and tail slightly behind India. With the right mindset and belief, this is a contest which these Proteas should just about edge if approached competitively.

I'm not impressed at all, and wouldn't be surprised to see "lesser" teams like New Zealand comfortably beat this very same India in India later in the Test Championship.

Mercury12

Expert Member
How to go into a Test match in India looking to win it:
Elgar, Faf(c), QdK, Bavuma, Markram, Klaasen(wk), Muthusamy, Philander, Maharaj, Rabada, Ngidi

How to go into a Test match in India looking to lose dignifiedly or draw if weather cooperates:
Elgar, Markram, TdB, Bavuma, Faf(c), QdK(wk), Muthusamy, Philander, Maharaj, Piedt, Rabada

The Proteas have become Pulis' Stoke right before our eyes and we're proud!

That's not what India did when they came to SA, even when Faf turned thug with his groundsmen..

Attitudes and approach count for a lot. The Proteas batsmen should be planting serious doubts about Jadeja and Shami, or retiring the aging but handy Ashwin and Ishant. Not cowering behind nightwatchmen, batting positions and extra spinners.

This for me is the weakest India Test attack for many years. In that XI, and on their wickets, I don't believe India have a fit seamer better than Rabada, or a fit spinner better than Maharaj. Elgar, Faf and QdK match Rohit, Pujara and Kohli, with the rest of the Proteas batsmen and tail slightly behind India. With the right mindset and belief, this is a contest which these Proteas should just about edge if approached competitively.

I'm not impressed at all, and wouldn't be surprised to see "lesser" teams like New Zealand comfortably beat this very same India in India later in the Test Championship.

LOL!!!

SinghDude

Chief Sports Analyst
Muthu has done very well for the Dolphins with both bat and ball. Certainly one for the future.

Piedt should in hindsight not played, as Elgar can do a job with the ball as well.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
South Africa need to restrict India to a slow strike rate and force India to bat for at least the first session of tomorrow.

The pressure is on India, assuming they are still playing for a win