South Africa tour of India, 2019

Whright

Expert Member
^^^^^^^^^^^^, chickens coming home to roost, Kyles offspring could one day play for England.

L-Dog

Expert Member
Still think he should have stuck around was definitely in the one day and probably test squad. Fml with him at the wild cup we stood a chance but hey I guess politics crushes passion. Still happy when sa players do well abroad

ShloshMalosh

Expert Member
So easy peasy for india

We are clearly a team that is still finding its way after bulk retirements. Its going to be a long and painful road ahead

Rubberpigg

Expert Member
Yesterday spinner Simon Harmer bowled Essex back to the top of the Division One table by taking 7-58 as they beat Surrey by an innings and 40 runs at Chelmsford.
Also made 50 not out in 1st innings.

stefan9

Executive Member
388/7 for SA A. Wiaan Mulder 125 not out. Big Vern out for 21. Great effort from the boys from where they were.

sand_man

Honorary Master
388/7 for SA A. Wiaan Mulder 125 not out. Big Vern out for 21. Great effort from the boys from where they were.
Super chuffed for Markram. His form is paramount to our test prospects! I would go so far as to say the series hinges on him...

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
There's talk that with the meteoric rise of Jasprit Bumrah as well as regulars like Mohammed Shami and Hardik Pandiya, India might prepare tracks that suit them. So hopefully we won't have to deal with the likes of Ravi Ashwin turning it square on day one with a new ball. Still going to be a monumental challenge though and while I can't see us winning a test series in India, hopefully we won't capitulate so meekly like we did the last time we went there.

Dan C

Honorary Master
India vs South Africa, 3rd T20I

India opt to bat

South Africa
Reeza Hendricks, Quinton de Kock(w/c), Temba Bavuma, Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller, Dwaine Pretorius, Andile Phehlukwayo, Bjorn Fortuin, Kagiso Rabada, Beuran Hendricks, Tabraiz Shamsi

India
Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli(c), Rishabh Pant(w), Shreyas Iyer, Krunal Pandya, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Deepak Chahar, Navdeep Saini

Last edited:

Arthur

Honorary Master
Kohli should be fined $5 000 for that shoulder butt. Very deliberate. Very naughty.

3WA

Honorary Master
I had doubts about QdK as captain, but I must say his personal performances show that he’s up for the responsibility.

randomgamer

I had doubts about QdK as captain, but I must say his personal performances show that he’s up for the responsibility.

Same here. It looks like he's one of those that respond better under more responsibility. Bavuma also looked very comfortable. gg proteas

Reactions: 3WA

Dan C

Honorary Master
Easy win at the end. After KGs first over I thought we were going to chase 180, but good comeback by the boys and some silly shots by India made it easy for us.

GG QdK

ZCFOutkast

Expert Member
I've never had any doubts about Bavuma's LOI credentials. Always felt he'd do a bit better at them than Tests. If Bavuma was playing for India, they would have won. He rotated the strike selflessly and didn't try and slog(then get out) when under pressure after one or two balls. This batting order is fine for ODIs, but in T20s it has to be a straight shoot-out between him and Reeza to partner QdK, then one more big hitter comes into the batting order. Otherwise there will be no T20CWC with this side. Great bowling, but part of it was down to India as well. If they keep it up I'll have faith.

I underestimated just how much QdK loves and follows the game. Always thought of him as one of those talents who are great at something but not much of a student/fanatic of it. But you can tell he's been keeping an eye on his captains (Smith, AB, Amla, Faf and his IPL captains and coaches). Most importantly, he knows his teammates. In particular there is a very strong Lions(or were Lions) cog in this team (Beuran, Reeza, Rassie, Pretotius, Bavuma, Fortuin, Dala, Rabada) Basically the Proteas are the Lions, and those who are not eg Phehlukwayo have been around him in the national team for a long time now. So he also knows his teammates' abilities and deficiences very well.